Suddenly Sleeping Under The Bed

bluerox4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

As of late, my lil girl has suddenly decided to be sleeping under the bed, which has, up to this point, never happened before. I usually bring her into the room at night, where she'd sleep on either the desk or chair right next to my bed (before she eventually goes out of the room to wander the late hours on her own).

But lately, underneath the far end of the bed has been her preference. This does concern me, but aside from it, she hasn't been acting any different. When we're out of the room, she just lays at her usual places, enjoying the family's company - so this seemingly 'hiding behavior' only happens when she's in the room alone with me at night.

Also, I note that the first time I caught her here was when we had guests over (which she hates). She hid under the bed until they left.

Could this just be her "discovering" a new sleeping place? Or could this be something more worrisome, like she's hiding/cowering in pain or fear? She's eating as usual, and when I prop my head underneath, she comes out trilling/chirping (sometimes at least. Other times she'd just blink at me and continue her sleep).

Anyone experienced this before? Or any advice? Thanks in advance!

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it’s just her new favourite sleeping place. I know there are some cats who like to sleep under a bed every night. Mine did for a little while but I think he got bored of it. I think if she’s acting normal otherwise there’s nothing to worry about.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats love to try different places out. Mine seem to take turns in the oddest of places. Your little girl sounds fine, as long as she's eating, drinking etc I wouldn't worry. No doubt she will get bored with her current place and find another.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerox4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all, I sure hope so! Cats can be such strange lil things sometimes lol :lol2: