Sudden Sustained Aggression Towards Wife

krickette

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sdscott01

I don't mind the suggestions... I appreciate them. Unfortunately, we live in an apartment, so burial isn't really an option. There's a place almost two hours south of us in New Braunfels that will do the cremation for under $100 if we bring her to them, though.

I guess we need to figure out whether or not we'd want to keep the ashes, though.
If I were in your shoes, I'd go put them somewhere where you were both happy and healthy ^_^
sorry for your loss

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that.

Don't go getting another cat too soon! Be sure you've properly said goodbye to Pinball first.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for Pinball's discomfort and your loss.
Please be sure you can provide a safe, healthy home before adopting any other pets.......

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Pinball. What a heartbreak.

I live in an apartment, too. I cremated my cat last year and have his ashes in a tin in a drawer along with his collar, all wrapped in the shirt I was wearing when he died. At first I felt very weird with his ashes being here but now I don't think of it often. (When I do think of it nowadays, it's still kind of strange -- and yet when I open that drawer, I sometimes touch the tin and say hey. Yep, I'm crazy.) If I lived in a house with a yard, I would have buried him in the yard.

And this may sound strange, but because he was a rescue and had a hard city street life before he was rescued, I sometimes find it comforting on cold winter nights to know that "he" is home and warm. (Yep, definitely crazy.)

I also, soon after he died, bought a locket at a street fair and put some of his ashes in there and wore it till his one-year anniversary came and went. That was comforting to me, too.

Anyway, if you can, since you live in an apt., I'd recommend cremation. You can always scatter the ashes or bury them later, but the immediate aftermath is a hard time to make a decision. Having the ashes will allow you time to see what you want to do.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a hard thing to go through. You probably feel like your heart's being ripped out.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for Pinball, and for your family - you are all in my prayers.