Sudden onset wobbling/staggering

draqoonious

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I appreciate your post it has helped me with some concerns with my cat Boo boo Last night my cat was on the counter and i asked her to get down she did but i didn't see how she landed. Afterwards she seemed to have problems walking or even standing. She was able to do both but she wobbled a lot and was crouched when she walked and she seemed jumpy. She would flinch at shadows. I  started to get worried. She still climbed on the couch and was able to run, but she teeter todded a lot. Even when she was sitting down her head was slightly moving from side to side like her balance was off. Boo is able to walk straight , but her body wouldn't remain still. Today she was laying on the foot stool under a blanket and she seemed fine no movement. She was still but when i called her out to feed her she got down and walked to her bowl but still crouched and skulking. She would not eat her food and i even tried to get her to drink some milk but she sniffed it and did not drink it. This sounds a lot like your issues. If you have any insight on this please tell me. She seems to be doing a lil better than last night. 

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I appreciate your post it has helped me with some concerns with my cat Boo boo Last night my cat was on the counter and i asked her to get down she did but i didn't see how she landed. Afterwards she seemed to have problems walking or even standing. She was able to do both but she wobbled a lot and was crouched when she walked and she seemed jumpy. She would flinch at shadows. I  started to get worried. She still climbed on the couch and was able to run, but she teeter todded a lot. Even when she was sitting down her head was slightly moving from side to side like her balance was off. Boo is able to walk straight , but her body wouldn't remain still. Today she was laying on the foot stool under a blanket and she seemed fine no movement. She was still but when i called her out to feed her she got down and walked to her bowl but still crouched and skulking. She would not eat her food and i even tried to get her to drink some milk but she sniffed it and did not drink it. This sounds a lot like your issues. If you have any insight on this please tell me. She seems to be doing a lil better than last night. 
Hi and welcome to TCS!

The thread you are replying to is three years old so it would be better to start you own thread. It is very dangerous for cats not to eat and you will need to start syringe feeding her if she refuses to eat. Here is a helpful thread on how to do it (http://www.thecatsite.com/t/227858/syringe-feeding-lucky-video-if-your-cat-is-not-eating). It sounds like your cat is very ill and needs to be seen by a vet right away. From the symptoms I worry she ingested something poisonous but she really needs to see a vet in order to find out what is wrong.

katsmeow52

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have to have my kitty's thyroid med compounded. She would throw up profusely from the pills, once I caught her and held her down -- distressing for us both. I've been applying the transdermal formula to her ears for over a year, and it's fine, no drama.

I got to this thread because Zoë had a weird staggering episode just a bit ago, and I was concerned it could have been a stroke. She was holding one law in a very strange position, and she staggered out of my bedroom, acting drunk. She hasn't been eating as much as usual for a few weeks now, and even let a stranger pet her. Usually, visitors don't even glimpse her, she's so shy. She's around 15 years old, give or take. By the time I got my husband upstairs, the cat seemed back to normal. I guess she's going to have to see the vet tomorrow.