Sudden Jerkface Syndrome

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 13 month old male who has suddenly (within the last week) become a gigantic jerk. He's picking on the other cats (minus his brother) and attacking all of us when we walk past him. Any ideas on what could be causing this/how to fix this?

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Um, yeah, so you have a teenage cat.
Best advice, strap yourself in and do your best to enjoy. They're gonna break things, chew things, chase shadows, scratch everyone/thing and all in all test boundaries.
learn to laugh.
Sounds like he's doing what he's supposed to.
My girl just came out of this phase with both of us barely surviving. I love her and our bond now is as strong as it gets.
Try to remember you love 'em and forgive yourself if you lose your $h!t occasionally.
Good luck.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of exercise with a wand or laser toy to get the excess energy out, a Kong Kickaroo or something to bite and bunny kick. You can take this with you and direct it's enthusiasm toward it rather than your body parts.

Don't encourage him to chase you and when he bites, say "No" in an authoritative voice and walk away, ignore him for a couple of minutes. You need to do this every time and he'll finally get the message that it's not acceptable.