Sudden goopy eyes in both cats?

meow.rchl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat lovers!

So for the passed month both my cats eyes are getting really yucky more so the left eye.

With my boy Jaxx it's small blackish hard blobs and sometimes like a strand, comes back every couple hours.
With my girl Roxy it's a large gooey black glob that's very sticky with the left side being much more.

Jaxx recently went to the dr for his bladder, and Dr didnt mention any issues. Nothing in my house has changed, both have normal temperatures, gums and eyes.

What's going on with my children???

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be allergies, but more likely the feline Herpes Virus. VERY common in cats and not transferrable to humans. If it turns green or white it has changed to bacterial and would be taken care of with an antibiotic. I tried all the home remedies and none worked. I finally got rid of it with Terramycin. to apply, gently pull down on the lower lid of the eye until a 'pouch' forms, then squeeze a thin line of ointment into the pouch. Do not ever touch the eye itself. But since it is a virus, supportive care is needed. Gently wipe the closed eyes with a warm wet piece of rag, they hate it at first but get used to it quickly.
My cats have since been diagnosed with leukemia, so I started them on an immune support supplement called DMG. I put the dose every morning in a small amount of lickable treat called Delectable Lickables in the stew flavors. They have not had the herpes virus since, which they got a couple of times a year before, you might try it. I did not have luck with Lysine.