Sudden excessive drooling

Frankiestein

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I noticed that 2 days ago my 3 year old male cat has been excessively drooling to the point that I find his chin and cheeks soaked with drool. This has never been the case before as I understand during bouts of stress drool is normal but he’s in his plain old everyday home environment which is why I find this odd. He’s become a bit lethargic during the day as well. I have no clue what this could be, I’ve scheduled a vet appointment for Monday which is quite a wait. Till then I want to try my best to figure out what might be the case and maybe help him if he’s feeling any discomfort. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, did you check his mouth? Do you see any redness on his gums, tongue, palate, throat?
Are his teeth fine, clean and healthy?
Does his breath have a bad smell?
In most cases, excessive drooling can be a sign of mouth inflamation.

I imagine that your cat is fully vaccinated and up to date, but there are situations when some disease predates the first vaccine, so that disease can't be prevented by the vaccine itself.

Did you check under and around his tongue for any formation?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be teeth problems a forming tumor, or something he is chewing on, i would check all your plants, or anything he could have gotten into, a vet check of his mouth would be in order. If the drooling stops, it most likely is something he chewed on. The lethargy concerns me, that is why I think it may be soemthing he ate.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I noticed that 2 days ago my 3 year old male cat has been excessively drooling to the point that I find his chin and cheeks soaked with drool. This has never been the case before as I understand during bouts of stress drool is normal but he’s in his plain old everyday home environment which is why I find this odd. He’s become a bit lethargic during the day as well. I have no clue what this could be, I’ve scheduled a vet appointment for Monday which is quite a wait. Till then I want to try my best to figure out what might be the case and maybe help him if he’s feeling any discomfort. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!
~ How is kitty doing ? Hope everything is OK ... 👍