Sudden Bursts of Energy

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try having 5 cats do it all at once (Sugarly, Pepperpot, Excalibur, Merlin & Striker)! They seem to go from the basement and race each other up 2 flights of stairs to bounce of a bedroom wall and/or bed and run back downstairs again! House cats spend most of the time sleeping. In the wild the often have to have burst of energy for survival. Must be a communing with the inner cat thing!:tounge2:

us cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do have 5 cats in my house also. Three are up in years. One middle aged. And one teenager. Her name is Me2. And she chases all the elderly ones. One of the older ladies climbs the French Doors & sits on top of them. Her name is Sheba and she is the Head of the household. Keeps all in line. Before I had to have my 13 yr. old male put down Sheba was his back up if there was a fuss going on. They are a laugh...Prayers

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now that Danielle is much better from her infections, she has started her morning routine of bounding back and forth across the apartment, chasing invisible "things" us mere mortals can't see for about 5 minutes. Then she promptly falls asleep. :LOL: She bounded off my knee the other day. I take that as a good sign coming from a cat that is probably around 12 years old.
Do older cats still have energy like that to race across the house several times in a row?

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All depends on the cat - my girlfirend who has two 14 yr. old boys still gets to see that once in a while - and it seems that Danielle certainly definately shows a cest (spelling?) for life! What a wonderful thing.

us cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Kitty Sheba is close to the age of 13. So my vet says. Her back legs are stiff when she walks across the floor. But when she runs & climbs the French Doors she can get up there fast. When she runs she runs & slides on the hard wood floors. My husband hates it when she climbs the doors. He always says he hopes she is stiff for a week. I have a male Tonkanise that is fixing to be 15 years old. He is not graceful at all but he runs after one of my younger kitties. Sometimes when he howls it sounds like he is saying Like Wow. He is a talker. Prayers

sinophilia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ali' and Baba' are 16 and 17 respectively, yet when they get the "5 minutes" they run around the house and in and out the balcony chasing each other - though they've been together 3 years now, they don't love each other yet! Baba' often does this by her own, always running along the same path and hiding behind the freezer, to dart out a second later and start all over again. She's the most energetic old cat I've ever seen!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jojo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, what you're telling me is... I have more than more than a decade of Dani's boundless spurts of energy in front of me... oh joy

JoJo & Dani Night Stalker

lady hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by JoJo
So, what you're telling me is... I have more than more than a decade of Dani's boundless spurts of energy in front of me... oh joy

JoJo & Dani Night Stalker
That's about the size of it, enjoy

* Hugs *

Tish

lvazriz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our crazy white cat, Sybil, also runs through the house like a cat possessed. We call it her "Paul Revere Impersonation"