Sudden aggression

storyweaver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys. :) Jenny here. I actually joined this forum years and years ago, when I was fourteen, as kittygirl109. :p

Anyway, if anyone here possibly remembers... I have two cats, Orei and Princess. Princess is 8, Orei is 9. I love them both dearly.

A month ago I left home for the East Coast, and I've been home two weeks now. When I came home, Princess was yowling at me constantly.

She's has been attacking Orei several times a day now. It got to the point where I put her in my brother's room for the night. 

She will chase Orei around seemingly unprovoked, growling, puffing out her fur, hissing, screaming, and attacking. Her aggression is only toward Orei so far.

She has diarahea that leaks out of her, but other than that I don't see any other health issues.

I took her to the vet a few days ago, and they did a physical exam. Temperature was normal. She's overweight, but not too badly. They touched around her and decided she didn't need an x-ray. 

They took her blood and urine, looking for hormone changes.

Everything came back normal except her blood plates (sp?) were low, but they thought that was the machine's mistake.

What could it possibly be? I'm worried about her, she's really losing it. And I'm worried about Orei getting hurt.

Did the vet miss something? Could it be just behavioral?

How can I help her feel better?

triciajane2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What are their breeds?

Try re-introducing them to each other slowly. By scent, then sight. Let them get to trust each other all over again. 

Has the aggression been towards you?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there is some medical problem, causing a change of smell that means they don't recognise each other. What did your vet say about the diarrhea - there must be a cause? Was their food changed while you were away? Reintroducing them will only have a chance of working if there is no other problem. I would go back to the vet for more answers.