Sucker for an infomercial.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last day of my vacation, I saw a similar product to the Scunci Steamer on Home Shopping Network. This one was the Euro Pro steam cleaner. It was $20 more than the other, but seemed to be larger. So, I succumbed to the overpowering temptation and ordered it. It came in the mail a couple of days ago, and I just gave it the first test drive. I really like it. The squeegee for the mirrors is a little lame, but it did get a bunch of disgusting gunk off the floors and cleaned the grout between the tiles in the tub. Yay!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Deb, EuroPro makes good products. I have a sewing machine and a serger, from them. Neither has ever given me a bit of trouble.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you enjoy it, Deb. A couple of people (friend, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, mother) who've seen me using mine have bought them, too. Two years ago, some guy who saw me cleaning my windows with it (he was delivering something on our street) actually knocked on my door and asked about it - he figured his wife would love to have one.

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a Jack Lalaine juicer, it was on a informercial for $149 and I went to eBay and got a brand new one there for $99, works great.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know most of you have been unable to sleep at night wondering about my latest impulse buy.

I thought I would post some pics of the Euro Pro in action. This morning I decided to clean the kitchen floor. I really liked the way it worked, especially when you think of the fact that I used no chemicals. Then, I got a wild hair to pull out the drawer under the stove. OMG!!!!! I do not think under this place has been cleaned.....EVER! (I think it was a place I missed when I moved in.)

So, without further fanfare, here is 'before' (not for the weak....) (and how big of a dork am I for running for the digital camera?)

And.....da da da DA......'after'

Who's the sucker now???
I love this machine! I could become a reformed, compulsive house cleaner!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, that really made a difference!

Actually, I've been wondering about that...thanks for the update.

Can you post a pic of the cleaner? Is it light or heavy? Does it take much hand strength to use, and do you have to scrub, or does it just make the dirt disappear?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a link for the steamer I purchased. Mine doesn't look exactly the same, but the model number matches and the specs seem to be the same. I like how it's on casters, so it rolls along. I bought mine on Home Shpping Network and got it for $10 less, but in checking there, they don't seem to have the same model available anymore. I think I am going to attempt my carpets with this contraption. I did a small test area that looks good so far. If I can do my rugs without having some expensive people come in, this just paid for itself. As you can see, the under the stove thing isn't perfect, but that was literally about 27 years of crap with little to no effort.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Deb! What an improvment.. One day two years a door to door salesman came around with one of his products(nearly $2000-) , it was a steam cleaner, one of the first "good" models in NZ of course Nana fell for it and brought it, it does an excellent job but we have seen better smaller cheaper ones now, 2 years later...
... I'm not a sucker and don't think I'd ever buy anything like this, but Deb that looks great.Congrats.