Such sadness

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely understand.

My Sonic who I lost in January was declared fit and healthy at his annual checkup last November, a lot of blood tests that didn't show very much were done last year. 2 months later I was holding him in my arms and my heart was breaking while he was put to sleep due to being in end stage renal failure.

It's very common for things to go downhill very quickly, and it's also not unusual for things to not show up conclusively in blood tests. You got her vet treatment and provided the best care you could for her - same with me and Sonic, I noticed he'd lost a bit of weight and booked him in for a checkup, should I have taken him to the hospital as an emergency sooner and would that have made a difference? I'll never know. I think realistically, it probably wouldn't have made any difference to the eventual outcome - it sounds like a very similar situation with your darling cat.

You have my sympathy and much love to you too.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one thing I do know about grief is that it is something that ALWAYS brings guilt and all those should haves, could haves that go with it. Everything could have been done perfectly and we would STILL go through it because not one of us is perfect. In a perfect world there would be no death, no sadness, no loss. But we are all here just muddling through the best we can. To hold guilt you must have intent. You had none other than just wanting the best for your little one and loving her.
You saved her life when she was little, she will always love you for the wonderful home you gave her, the care, and especially for the love, you shared with her. That is all that matters. She gave you something that few get to experience, she gave you a cat's love.
You are SO lucky to have had her in your life, so fortunate to have shared a love so great. You hurt so bad because it is proportionate with each other. So try not to dwell on her end, but instead, celebrate having loved her. Not having her in your life at all would have spared you this pain, but at what cost to your soul.
Time is the only thing that helps with matters of the heart. Be gentle on yourself and in time your poor heart will heal enough to truly live again.
I took years to come to grips with my grief. I try to help others make the journey on a shorter route by letting them know there IS a time when you will live again, the sun will always rise, and the birds will always sing. Time will dull the sharp edges of grief. Please know we understand and will always be here for you, we have stood where you are standing now. May God bless you for your pain and give you strength to get through this......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aurorabee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I completely understand.

My Sonic who I lost in January was declared fit and healthy at his annual checkup last November, a lot of blood tests that didn't show very much were done last year. 2 months later I was holding him in my arms and my heart was breaking while he was put to sleep due to being in end stage renal failure.

It's very common for things to go downhill very quickly, and it's also not unusual for things to not show up conclusively in blood tests. You got her vet treatment and provided the best care you could for her - same with me and Sonic, I noticed he'd lost a bit of weight and booked him in for a checkup, should I have taken him to the hospital as an emergency sooner and would that have made a difference? I'll never know. I think realistically, it probably wouldn't have made any difference to the eventual outcome - it sounds like a very similar situation with your darling cat.

You have my sympathy and much love to you too.
Thank you so much for your words and I am very sorry for your loss too. Your boy radiates a sort of grace and soulfulness from his beautiful face in his photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aurorabee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The one thing I do know about grief is that it is something that ALWAYS brings guilt and all those should haves, could haves that go with it. Everything could have been done perfectly and we would STILL go through it because not one of us is perfect. In a perfect world there would be no death, no sadness, no loss. But we are all here just muddling through the best we can. To hold guilt you must have intent. You had none other than just wanting the best for your little one and loving her.
You saved her life when she was little, she will always love you for the wonderful home you gave her, the care, and especially for the love, you shared with her. That is all that matters. She gave you something that few get to experience, she gave you a cat's love.
You are SO lucky to have had her in your life, so fortunate to have shared a love so great. You hurt so bad because it is proportionate with each other. So try not to dwell on her end, but instead, celebrate having loved her. Not having her in your life at all would have spared you this pain, but at what cost to your soul.
Time is the only thing that helps with matters of the heart. Be gentle on yourself and in time your poor heart will heal enough to truly live again.
I took years to come to grips with my grief. I try to help others make the journey on a shorter route by letting them know there IS a time when you will live again, the sun will always rise, and the birds will always sing. Time will dull the sharp edges of grief. Please know we understand and will always be here for you, we have stood where you are standing now. May God bless you for your pain and give you strength to get through this......
Thank you so much...it is difficult to express but I don't know if you know how much your words mean to me.