Sucessfully trapped Mom and 3 kittens - smallest one got away and is missing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suzanneaz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama has been yowling a lot.  I wonder if she's in pain from her spay or she's still got the hormones going on and she's acting like she's in heat.  She ate a little and has been drinking.  Baby still hasn't come out.  I hope she's still in her den.  I thought she'd come out to bond with mama, but she hasn't.   Maybe she's freaked out by mom's yowling? 

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It may take some time for the hormones to settle down.  The howling may also be for the missing kids, so give her a few days to calm down.  Her world has turned upside down, so she's understandably upset.

Just keep their routine as normal as possible.  Things will settle down soon.

Glad everyone is home.

suzanneaz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I had a nice surprise this morning.  Elsa and the baby were out on my patio waiting to be fed and they are still hanging out this evening. Elsa is pretty chill. I haven't heard her yowling.  The best surprise of all is that the little one left behind is not my favorite Minnie! I only had a quick look at the cats in the drop trap before we put the cover on.  I saw two orange cats from the top, and everybody looked the same size, so I assumed little Minnie was the one missing.  Wrong!  Minnie has an orange stripe down her back just like mama so I got her mixed up!

The escapee is actually the lighter orange one.  I am hoping it is a boy, which would give us more time to catch him before he can reproduce.  This is actually the shyest one, along with the bright orange sister.   Minnie and Dusty are the ones that Mary Anne thinks will be adoptable because they are the boldest and don't seem to be afraid of people. They walk around with their tails in the air, while the other two keep their tails between their legs.  They were also the two that came over to play with me with the toy wand and took over my chair! 

So the orange sister may be coming back to our colony after her treatment, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that M&D will be finding a great forever home soon!  If they go to the adoption center at the Pet Club, I will certainly go down to see them.  I miss them!  

Mama and little one back together this morning.  So happy!  <3

kskatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You just made my night! Everybody is great!

kskatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would love to see an update, how is everybody? More pictures please!

suzanneaz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Elsa and the little escapee (I have named her Monkey) are still living outside, and no I haven't attempted to trap her again yet. (yep its a girl) She still spends the hot days inside the water heater closet, and mom lays in the corner of my patio.  Mom has become friendlier and practically trips me when I bring the food. She still is not into being petted.  I have been able to touch the little one while she's eating, so I am thinking I might just have to grab her.  I don't think she will allow herself to be trapped. She is just too smart!

I am fostering the other 3 in my spare room. I got this cat condo and they love it.  Dusty and Minnie are so friendly!  I pet and cuddle them and they are so playful!  I am pretty sure I will keep Dusty.  He is such a love!  The little orange girl, who I have named Reba, is still not allowing me to touch her but she will get closer, and will play with wand toys.  I would love to get Monkey in and socialized too, but I feel bad about taking the last kitten away from Elsa.  

Here are some recent photos.

Dusty and Minnie

Monkey asking for her supper.

I finally got a good picture of little Reba, the shy one.  She really is a beautiful cat.

Last edited:

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to here that you have located all the kitties,things will settle down soon. Thank you for sharing these adorable pics, am looking forward to seeing more.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wonderful pictures you are doing such a wonderful thing in taking care of them. Great work!! feel free to post more pictures of these little sweeties