Successful adoption vibes needed!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beau is an adult feral boy that was trapped in the spring, and has been with me ever since. Thanks to a lot of effort, his great personality, and advice from this forum, Beau has socialized beautifully!
He's not a lap cat, but he is a velcro kitty who looooves attention!

Someone has chosen Beau for adoption!
I'm really nervous, hoping things go well, and Beau eventually comes to love his new daddy & fur sister as much as he loves it here. I have sought out advice, and have everything ready for Beau to go to his new home on the 26th. His new daddy understands how Beau will be initially, and is willing to put in the time and effort to help acclimate this great kitty to his new environment.

All that is needed now are VIBES....lots and lots of positive vibes! Vibes to help Beau open his heart to this new home, vibes to help his new daddy have the patience to give Beau what he needs. Thanks!

Here is a picture of Beau the night he was trapped:

Here are a couple of pictures from this week...what a difference!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh sweet Beau - arent you simply stunning

LOTS & LOTS of positive vibes being sent your way from across the ocean... I sure do hope this turns out to be a perfect match and Beau settles in perfectly

keep us updated if you can

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Kelly, what wonderful, wonderful news!!!! You are a true hero! My heart just squeezed when I saw the "before" pic -
poor, poor boy, with the scraped face and those dilated, scared eyes... and the "after"
What a goregous tuxedo boy!! His new daddy must be so elated!! Hugs of joy & celebration to all of you & lots & lots of {{{prayers and vibes}}} for an easy transition for boy from being "foster boy" to "prince of the house" Oh, this is great!! This is so encouraging for cat rescuers everywhere!
Susan

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beau, you precious little boy! I pray that you will feel right at home with your new family and get every bit of the love you so deserve. Bless you, Kelly! You are his angel!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is so wonderful! Please let the new owners know what worked for you to tame him, because they should go through the same process with him. And maybe you can do some home visits early on, to ensure he is eating ok, etc!

Very encouraging news. Go, Beau, go. Fly to your new home. I like how Catsknowme said, to become the prince of the house!

snowis mum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
READING THIS BROUGHT tears to my eyes the first pic of him with bloody nose , then seeing him all better and looking swell god im going to pray tonite it woks for him and his new daddy , please keep me informed as im worried now lol (i mean it) i know it will work keep it up beu and god bless you and ur foster mummy cheryl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SNOWIS MUM

READING THIS BROUGHT tears to my eyes the first pic of him with bloody nose , then seeing him all better and looking swell
the difference is
warming!
good luck to you, Beau - have a happy life in your new furever home
!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DazeeMazeeGraze

(((vibes))) for Beau and his new family!
Thanks for the vibes!
Originally Posted by huggles

oh sweet Beau - arent you simply stunning

LOTS & LOTS of positive vibes being sent your way from across the ocean... I sure do hope this turns out to be a perfect match and Beau settles in perfectly

keep us updated if you can
Thanks Danielle! I will keep you all updated! And yes, he is stunning!
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Oh, Kelly, what wonderful, wonderful news!!!! You are a true hero! My heart just squeezed when I saw the "before" pic -
poor, poor boy, with the scraped face and those dilated, scared eyes... and the "after"
What a goregous tuxedo boy!! His new daddy must be so elated!! Hugs of joy & celebration to all of you & lots & lots of {{{prayers and vibes}}} for an easy transition for boy from being "foster boy" to "prince of the house" Oh, this is great!! This is so encouraging for cat rescuers everywhere!
Susan
Yeah, that first picture is heartbreaking...It's hard for me to even think that it's the same boy! The bloody paw prints were from his paw...he injured it trying to get out of the trap. They had to take off two of his claws. Fortunately they grow back.
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Beau, you precious little boy! I pray that you will feel right at home with your new family and get every bit of the love you so deserve. Bless you, Kelly! You are his angel!
Thanks Stephanie! He really is a special guy, and I hope for only the best for him!
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Oh, that is so wonderful! Please let the new owners know what worked for you to tame him, because they should go through the same process with him. And maybe you can do some home visits early on, to ensure he is eating ok, etc!

Very encouraging news. Go, Beau, go. Fly to your new home. I like how Catsknowme said, to become the prince of the house!
Thanks Becki! I like the "prince of the house" too...he deserves no less!
Originally Posted by SNOWIS MUM

READING THIS BROUGHT tears to my eyes the first pic of him with bloody nose , then seeing him all better and looking swell god im going to pray tonite it woks for him and his new daddy , please keep me informed as im worried now lol (i mean it) i know it will work keep it up beu and god bless you and ur foster mummy cheryl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the prayers Cheryl...we both appreciate them!

Originally Posted by laureen227

the difference is
warming! good luck to you, Beau - have a happy life in your new furever home!
Thanks for the wonderful words Laureen!
Originally Posted by TNR1

Good Luck Beau!!!

Katie
Thanks Katie! I guess I forgot to put the "R" in TNR...

Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Oh, how wonderful! he looks great! {{{Vibes to his new family, and
and calming vibes to him!!!}}}
Thanks Shannon...calming vibes are much needed!

(the above quotes were edited to delete some of the smilies...I was over the limit
)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Thanks Katie! I guess I forgot to put the "R" in TNR...
Trap-neuter-release, or trap-neuter-rehome? If rehoming is possible, I think we would all prefer that! If only there were more homes for the guys that remain shy!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Trap-neuter-release, or trap-neuter-rehome? If rehoming is possible, I think we would all prefer that! If only there were more homes for the guys that remain shy!
I guess I didn't forget the "R" after all!
It is difficult to find that special person who is willing to be patient. It's not a bad thing, and I can understand it, but most people want a "turnkey" cat...one that will fit in seamlessly, and be an instant lap cat.

Well, Beau is at his new home! It went as well as can be expected. He had a room all set up for Beau, with a litterbox, food, places for him to hide, etc. Beau came right out of the carrier, sniffed around & went under a futon where I had set up a blanket that I had slept under for a few days (Hissy's advice, and Beau seemed to really appreciate it!). I put another towel (I also slept with that) under his food, and set out his toys, his turboscratcher and cavern scratcher...he loves them so much. Beau eventually walked a bit around the room, sniffed his food and water, and went back under the futon. All in all, not bad!

It sure is quiet here now, though

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did such a great job with Beau!!! I can't get over the difference in him between those photos!

It just goes to show what love and patience can do for some of these animals.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunnicat

You did such a great job with Beau!!! I can't get over the difference in him between those photos!

It just goes to show what love and patience can do for some of these animals.
Thank you so much! I agree that love and patience...alot of patience...are the keys!

He's an amazing boy to be sure!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a call at 2pm from "A" (Beau's new daddy). He told me that Beau could not be found!
He was pretty sure that he had gotten in a small space by a kitchen cabinet, but he couldn't be sure. I was already on my way to work, and I wouldn't be home until 11:30pm. He also called another woman who came along when I took Beau to his new home. She said she would meet him at his home between 5 & 6pm.

As luck would have it, I was able to leave work early at 7pm, so I called her up. As it turns out, she couldn't get a ride there, the bus wasn't coming, so she was walking there (quite a way by foot!). I told her to sit tight, and I picked her up 15 minutes later.

When we got there, I sent them both to another room, and laid on the floor with a flashlight & a mirror to look into the space...I couldn't see him! I was worried that since the space was a "dead corner" where the toe kick was missing, with a dishwasher on one angle, and cabinets on the other, that perhaps the plumbing had enough space around it that Beau could be in the wall. I was getting really scared.
I called him for about 20 minutes, and finally, finally I saw him!!!
The little booger made me coax him for about 20 more minutes, then he finally wedged his fat butt out of there, and proceeded to act like nothing happened!
As soon as he was far enough away from the opening, I shoved my boot in there so we didn't have a repeat performance. Then Beau proceeded to give me the "grand tour"...showing me all over the apartment.

I think he'll actually be happy there. I think he got scared, crawled in the hole & up into the inner workings of the dishwasher, and got too scared to come out. But when he was out, he actually looked pretty relaxed! He is eating some, and after I took the flap off the litter box (which he wasn't used to), he unloaded two days worth of...you know...stuff.

Thank you all so much for the vibes...they are working, I think!

Now the opening to that space is covered with a brick & the "evil tin foil", things will be alright.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The news is all good!
Beau is no longer hiding! He comes out, wanders around his new home, and is meowing! All good things!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

just catching up.... what wonderful news that he is no longer hiding, especially considering only a few days a go you had to fish him out from the inside of the cabinet (and what a scare that must of been for you!)

I am so pleased that Beau is meowing and wandering around his new home - thats brilliant news and I can only imagine everything is going to continue to get better and better for Beau & his new family

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

just catching up.... what wonderful news that he is no longer hiding, especially considering only a few days a go you had to fish him out from the inside of the cabinet (and what a scare that must of been for you!)

I am so pleased that Beau is meowing and wandering around his new home - thats brilliant news and I can only imagine everything is going to continue to get better and better for Beau & his new family
Thanks Danielle! He's doing better than I even expected...I couldn't be more proud of him!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have only just caught up on this. What wonderful news that he is doing so well, and he looks so well in his after pics. I fostered a nervous cat that wasnt quite ready to be rehomed when he went (but had to as he bullied my cats) - I went up a couple of months later, and he was a different cat, it really did make my day, so I know how pleased you are.