Subtle floral scent from cat?

Animarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my 2-year-old male(neutered) cat produces this subtle floral scent to him. He is never around flowers and I never put anything scented on him ever. He is the only cat I have that has this scent too, my other doesn't smell like this. Is this normal?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where is the smell - from his mouth, or? He is awfully young, but a fruity smell sometimes is emitted from cats with diabetes. Are there any other 'issues' going on with him? Have you mentioned it your vet? They might have some other ideas/thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its on his fur mostly. Not near his mouth though. He doesn't have any issues going on. He seems healthy otherwise.

Animarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is awfully young, but a fruity smell sometimes is emitted from cats with diabetes.
The smell doesn't really remind me of fruit. More flowery but very subtle.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is this a new thing, or has he always carried this smell? If all his life, it may just be something about him. I have heard of others who have said something similar - with no explanation. As long as he appears healthy otherwise, it might be something to ask your vet about. Maybe they have heard it from others.

Animarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He always sort of smelled like that. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others.