Stupid, Stupid Wisdom Teeth. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They all came out this morning!

They couldn't find a vein to give me the anesthesia, so the dr. reluctantly used Novocaine. He was really hesitant because I'd be completely aware and I've never had a procedure like this before. I've never even had Novocaine before... he must have stuck me about 30 times with the needle... that was defiantly the worst part. He was pretty surprised about how well I did.... and so was I. I'm glad I got it all over with... I don't know if I could have done that twice. lol

... now for the fun recovery! lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

They couldn't find a vein to give me the anesthesia, so the dr. reluctantly used Novocaine.
Rather fishy. I know there are nurses on this very forum that would have succeeded finding one. I suppose it was a good thing they were just taking teeth!
Could you imagine if they did surgeries? "This patient needs their appendix out... but we can't find a vein. Guess they're staying awake!" ...

Keep an eye on them and follow the instructions they gave you closely. If anything looks or feels wrong - swollen, too sore. Get in to see the dentist or a doctor ASAP. Don't push yourself on foods, you'll only be restricted for a short while. You'll live and be back to eating them soon if you're careful. for quick healing.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had 2 of mine removed when I was 29 years old, which was last year.
I brought to small ice packs with me and when my grandma drove me home, I put those on my cheeks and it helped reduce swelling and any visible bruising. I only took 2 vicodin
but was tired of eating bland soup for 2 days. I've heard some say they would not wish this pain on their worst enemy but I would

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Rather fishy. I know there are nurses on this very forum that would have succeeded finding one.
I just have REALLY bad veins. lol Last time I was in the ER it took 6 nurses and 2 doctors... and even then the had to do it from my left hand.

The top half of my mouth is still sort of numb from the Novacaine, The pain in my mouth isn't too bad... My cheeks are still pretty swollen and my throat kind of hurts.... but I think I'll make it, hopefully. lol

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So we're on day 3 of the healing process... My gums and the place of the incision aren't in that much pain. However, my jaw hurts like no other!

The left side of my face is almost normal looking... but the right side still has the chipmunk thing going on. There's still swelling on my jaw line.. even up by my eye, which has been giving me a killer headache ever since Thursday. I remember the dentist having a particularly hard time getting the lower right tooth out and he put a lot of pressure on it. I really hope he didn't do some damage. I have to call the office tomorrow anyway since they owe me a refund for the anesthesia.

And on a side note, I'm pretty pissed at my second job. I am like a manager at small take out restaurant on Sundays. I reminded them last week I was getting this done and was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to come in today. I called last night to tell them it was definite that I wasn't going to be in because I can't talk for extended periods of time and my face is still swollen. The other manager had the nerve to call me this morning to ask if I felt better and if I could come in. In the more than two years I have worked there, I have NEVER called out sick and I fill in for people all the time.... I also gave them more than a week's heads up too! ... and to add insult to injury, it's a family owned business.... as in my cousin owns the business and my grandmother has worked there since day 1, which was 40 years ago. The other manager is not related to me or the owners, but has known be for 8 years. He actually had the nerve to tell me I sounded fine and that maybe my grandmother could come in help me, unpaid. I told my grandmother and she called back and chewed him out. Go grandma! lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Money means more to some than another person well being.

I don't like that the one side is still so swollen, have you had a doctor or dentist look at it? If no one has taken a close look I hope you can get that done soon. I don't remember DH having swelling like that 3 days later.

I had a online friend get some teeth pulled recently. She claimed all was well but there was swelling and her mouth still hurt. I told her that sounded bad and she should get it checked out ASAP... a week later it was infected badly enough that a drain had to be put in.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh man... i remember having all four of mine cut out. My face was badly swollen for about a month. My face was also black and blue. My face got so big that i thought i was going to have stretch marks! lol... i also was very sick the first night...very nauseous... my mom had to give me a suppository because if I threw up my stitches would rip... poor mom... it was awful! Yours sounds like it went better than mine... i hope you feel better soon!!