Stupid questions and how you *wish* you could respond...

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this isn't a phone call either, but it still drives me nuts!

Me (waitress): Hi, My name is Lindsay and I'll be taking care of you today, how is everyone?
Guest 1: What kind of soups do you have?
Me: (explains all three, while the rest of the party discusses among themselves)
Guest 2: What kind of soups do you have?
Me: (again, explains the three soups we always have, that are always printed in the same spot of the menu.
Guest 3: I'll have chicken noodle soup.
Me: We don't have chicken noodle soup sir, I'm sorry.
Guest 3: You had chicken noodle soup last time I was here.
Me: (thinking, you idiot, we have never, ever had chicken noodle soup. This is an Italian restaurant!!!) I'm sorry sir, we only have these three soups.
Guest 3: Are you sure?
Me: Yes
Guest 3: What were your soups again?

Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Don't even get me started on the responses when I ask a question or let a table know I'll be right back for something ("I want more breadsticks!" me, "Yes sir, I said I'd be right back with more breadsticks, you were staring right at me when I said this and nodding your head for crying out loud!!!!!"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are all so funny!

I used to love answering the phone for DH before we were married. They'd all automatically assume I was his wife. I usually just said that she doesn't exist.

Back when I first had my cell phone, actually for like the first 18 months I had my cell, I'd always get calls for some guy. My V-mail clearly said my name, and I'd get messages for some man regarding his cement business or something like that. Then there were times I'd answer, I'd tell them very politely that they had the wrong numberm, and they'd answer 'IS THIS NICKI! I'd say no, like I told you, you have the wrong number!

I also had one night shortly after DH was deployed that some dude kept calling his cell. I'm talking 2 am and 5 am. (I would sleep with the phone on the night stand in case he called.) At the end of the second call I finally said through my sleep 'excuse me but you called MY HUSBAND'S CELL PHONE! I am not whoever you are looking for. I wasn't the last time you called!' They didn't call back. But boy do I wish I'd been fuller awake and given them a piece of my mind!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are hilarious! I am glad I am not alone in dealing with annoying calls and encounters...

People call me and get sooo angry when I can't give out residents' private numbers or information. I am like, seriously, do you really think it's proper procedure for me to give out numbers and social security info and stuff, they act like I just won't be accomodating.

Also, if friends of residents come by and the person they are coming to visit isn't here, they demand a key to go into their apt. They act like crazies when I try to explain we don't let unauthorized people just walk into these people's homes, sheesh!

kc&sherman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was a message I recieved a couple of weeks ago: There's a middle-aged man's voice and in the background you can hear lots of people partying or something. The man says "Hey we're down here at Joe's waiting for you!" *cheering* "Hurry up and get over here!" The rest was kind of muffled.

Ok, I don't know ANYBODY named Joe...

My mom also got a message on her cell phone that was simply a picture of a random guy... underneath it said "It's me."

(I loved that prank about the "I can't believe it's yogurt"!
)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

My friend used to work for a certain fast food chain and used to get really annoyed and order a 'small Mcdonalds'. He used to say to them:

'Ok, tha will be £200,000 but it's just a franchise and you have to hire the staff yourself'.
Ok I was just laughing for 5 minutes over that one!

My boyfriend Lucas used to work at McDonalds drive thru and when people pulled up this is how it went:

(Car pulls up)
Lucas: Welcome to Burger King how may I help you?
Customer: (pause)...uh....um...is this McDonalds??
Lucas: Yes, welcome to McDonalds how may I help you?
Customer: Oh...oh...ya, um ok...I would like....

He usually did this later at night just to mess with people a bit, hehe

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me: "Such and such Veterinary Clinic, how can I help you?"
Him: "Is this Such and such Veterinary clinic?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Me: "Such and such Veterinary Clinic, how can I help you?"
Him: "Is this Such and such Veterinary clinic?"
I get this, kinda.

Me: Good morning, The B. Group.
Idiot: Is this Bally Total Fitness on Wadsworth and Alameda?
What I want to say: I already said what business this is. If you can't listen when I answer the phone, you're a waste of my time.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before we moved to Jacksonville, we went there so my SO could check out the place he starting his new job. It was a military payday weekend, and the hotel where we stayed was full of very drunk Marines. We kept getting calls for Tracy. At first I tried to explain politely that this was not her room, and it was 4 am, please do not call again. My SO took the next call, and the guy on the other end became quite irate that there was a male in what he thought was Tracy's room. He kept calling and making threats, screaming into the phone, carrying on like an idiot. Finally I got tired of it, and the next time he called and insisted on speaking to Tracy, I screamed back at thim "Tracy cannot come to the phone, she is in the bathroom
a sailor!" He didn't call again, but there was one very upset guy running around the parking lot screaming and carrying on. He got arrested a little while later. I guess he really liked Tracy.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I get this, kinda.

Me: Good morning, The B. Group.
Idiot: Is this Bally Total Fitness on Wadsworth and Alameda?
What I want to say: I already said what business this is. If you can't listen when I answer the phone, you're a waste of my time.
Exactly!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are these calls....

Me- American Athletic Uniforms how can I help you?

Them- Is my order ready for pick up?

Me- What order is that sir?

Them- My pants.

Me- Sir I need a little more information.

Them- Oh they're red pants.

Me- Ok, Sir what is your name?

Them- Just ask Gerri if my pants are ready.

Me- Sir if you would just tell me your name, I can check to see if your
order is ready.

Them- Gerri knows me.

Me- But I don't know you!

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Before we moved to Jacksonville, we went there so my SO could check out the place he starting his new job. It was a military payday weekend, and the hotel where we stayed was full of very drunk Marines. We kept getting calls for Tracy. At first I tried to explain politely that this was not her room, and it was 4 am, please do not call again. My SO took the next call, and the guy on the other end became quite irate that there was a male in what he thought was Tracy's room. He kept calling and making threats, screaming into the phone, carrying on like an idiot. Finally I got tired of it, and the next time he called and insisted on speaking to Tracy, I screamed back at thim "Tracy cannot come to the phone, she is in the bathroom
a sailor!" He didn't call again, but there was one very upset guy running around the parking lot screaming and carrying on. He got arrested a little while later. I guess he really liked Tracy.
OMG! LMAO