Stupid forearm splint

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm wearing a forearm splint after doing something to my wrist and arm. I'm having a real b**** of a time with it. My bicep and elbow keep hurting along with other areas of my arm. I think it's because I can't find a comfortable position to rest my arm in. So I think my arm and wrist are always tense and not getting the proper rest they need. Has anyone else worn one of these things and had this problem? I asked some I know who had to wear a forearm splint and they said they didn't have any problems. I think if I were to sleep without it, I wouldn't have these problems. I know I'm all tense in my sleep because I keep waking up sore in my neck and shoulders.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My suggestion is to go for a few massage therapy sessions. I was having horrid arm/elbow pain. After a couple massages the pain was gone. Actually, it was hugely decreased after the first one.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I sympathize, after wearing one over the Christmas holidays following a cat bite. I couldn't get comfortable, either, even with painkillers. The only thing that helped at night was sleeping on my stomach and propping my lower arm (with the splint) with a really big pillow.