Stupid dog

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Leslye, you and Jezebel are in my prayers. Hopefully, your MIL will see your compassion for Jezebel, and decide that she deserves to be put to sleep through the vets office. This could be something that is hard for her to emotionally accept, so maybe you could explain how you feel, and that you would rather be there with her, when she goes to sleep.
I am sorry that this happened and turned out the way it has. I hope that in time, the good memories can bring you joy.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe contact a horse rescue and see if you can find one that would take her, possibly placing her as a pet only after rehab?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! Thank-you! There is a rescue in unity, it's about 45 mins away, I never thought about that, I have been picking my brain on how I can find a way to save her and her get the care she needed too, that they never crossed my mind, I may give them a call today and see what they think or can do. thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if any one will remember it or if any one who had is still here.
It was one year yesterday since Jezebel had her head trauma. She is alive and well! It was touch and go for a while and we thought we were going to loose her many times. She is now mostly as steady as she was and eats well. She hasn't been riden since then she was too unbalenced. This winter was a little hard on her, she would slip and I blame it on her injury. Once in a while if you come up on that side she can't see you as well and startles. I have begun ground work with her again, she needs it since it has been so long since she had a rider and she is doing good. I intend to be riding her soon and will ride her this summer, I may also be buying her from my M~I~L and when we move take her with me. I feel very conected to her since she was going to be put down and I throw a fit and took care of her and most of her vet bills after it happened! So mabey some day she will be mine! (atleast she will be mine to ride for now!)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad things are looking up for dear Jezabel

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not here when all this happened, but I am so glad to hear that Jezebel is alive and ok now.

I am so glad that ya'll were here for this beautiful animal.

sweetrain1215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know many have said this...but the dogs owner..regardless of who is or who he's related to has to be made responsible for his dog. I have three dogs and they aren't little things and there are horses in the field next to my home. My basset has actually gotten away from me and into that field and I had to spend a VERY LONG time chasing him through that field to get him away from the horses. The dog sounds like he needs to be rehomed to someone more responsible and willing to give him the training and care he needs.

I'm so sorry about your horse! That had to be such a horrible experience for you.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember- I, too, was wondering what was going on that it was back up
! I'm glad she's doing better!
It would be nice if your MIL would just let you have her, after all you've put into her and her recovery...

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After reading all 5 pages of this thread Ive only got 2 things to say. Do something about that dog! Go talk to your BIL yourself you are partial owner of the horse so you have to protect her. If his mom wont do anything than someone needs to step up...And I totally agree with the paint ball theory. That will teach that dog to stop messing with your horses. I cant stand to hear my dog bark but that doesnt stop me from having him penned in the kitchen because he destroyed a leather couch and numerous toys and shoes. You just have to protect whats yours. And putting the owner in his place regardless of family connection needs to be done. If it was my moms horse she would have been over there tearing him a new you know what!!!!