Student Told Me I was a "Big Butt"

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I taught 4th and 5th grade severely emotionally disturbed children..it was a miracle day when I wasn't threatened, swore at or kicked/bit. One student told me she hated me every day. A year later, I got a letter from her telling me I was her favorite teacher.

I only lasted 3 years as a teacher...it was just soo hard and I have great respect for all teachers.

Katie

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I'll jump on that bandwagon. Thursday morning I was kicked, punched, and spit at, and called an idiot by a 6-year old. Some days I just LOVE my job!
It's sad what you see in school sometimes. I fortunately have not had Kindergarteners come in quite that bad yet, but the anger and attitude I get from some of my students appals me! It's sad that for some of these kids, they are recieving more parenting lessons from their teachers and administrators than they are at home.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

DERRICK got mad cause I sent him out of the class (after having moved him 3 times for talking when the others were working).
The last time I sent him to ISS to talk to Mr. Allen. He left the room, saying, "Shut up, with your big butt."
He either said that or, "Shut up with your black butt," but as I am not black, I don't think that was it.
Laraya and Sierra and ShaTyria and Rashonda all heard him.
Is my butt big?

I know I've gained weight, but I still only weigh 84!
I am SURE your butt is not big, and I hope you didn't take this kids comment too personally. I know how hard it can be though when you work with these kiddos day in and day out. You just want them to love and respect you, and it sucks when then tell you otherwise. Hope Mr. Allen was able to talk some sense into him.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez, that student of your is stupider then I thought....

You only weight 84 pounds....that worries me.

I'm 14, and I weigh 106 pounds. Am I fat?

You need to go have a Big Burger, as already said.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

Where do you teach?
I cannot believe how kids talk these days>
I think the parents are a lot of the problem.
I am an assistant principal at an elementary school in Tampa, FL.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My response would have been, "Well, for that remark, your "little one" is going to be parked here for after-school detention for one "big" afternoon! And it really surprises me that at your age you haven't mastered muttering under your breath yet."
Don't even think about letting his childish response get to you.

gargoyle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my students get out of line or give me lip, I make them do pushups. Of course, teaching a martial arts class, that kind of thing is acceptable

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is why I could never be a teacher. I am too... impatient, and outspoken. I would have told that kid in precise detail what was going to happen to his butt when I bent him over my knee, pulled his pants down, and spanked him with a wooden board. I'm not an advocate of abusing and beating your kids, but spanking as punishment gets two thumbs up in my book.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do an awesome job! I know it's hard. One of my best friends is the assistant principal at my school. I will put you on my prayer list.

Originally Posted by Deb25

I am an assistant principal at an elementary school in Tampa, FL.

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a few words that may make you laugh. I have a huge butt. Some guys like something they can grab.

" I LIke Big Butts And I can Not Lie"

And even if you don't have a hugebutt dont worry, maybe that kid loves lookn at the rear of ya.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bobbie, I'm so sorry this student lashed out at you. It really hurts to put so much energy into helping your students and then have them treat you like this. I guess that's how parents feel much of the time! Don't take the "big butt" thing personally. It's obviously not true and, frankly, a pretty stupid comment considering how "not true" it is.

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kids are brought up knowing their own rights and knowing that you can't do anything about it - so basically they walk all over adults. They grow up very arrogant.
Yes, you are right!! and this should scare the hell out me because I am going to be a teacher. However, these same children will have to grow up and get a real job in the real world someday. That is where the rubber meets the road. When an egotisical, backstabbing, complaining, lazy, dishonest, disrepectful, self-righteous, child becomes an ADULT, no boss in his/her right mind will keep them employed (at least the GOOD jobs).

Someday, someone will knock these "kids" down a peg or two. If it can't be teachers, then it will be employers. If these brats-turned-arrogant adults can't function on the job then they either don't eat, or wind up in jail where they are REALLY knocked down a peg or two. Eventually there comes a reckoning day for these kinds of kids.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
***QUOTE: Eventually there comes a reckoning day for these kinds of kids.
--Boy, do I EVER believe that one!!!!!!!!!

The kids anymore are just SO rude, arrogant and it is all about "Me, Myself and I..."
I am so sorry he said that to you--and not for a minute, do I believe it is true...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Some kids are bad. A teacher in Schleswig-Holstein (northern Germany) was murdered by a student she gave a "D" to last Thursday. However, most kids aren't, and many of them are a real joy to teach. Just some info for those of you considering the profession - the rewards generally outweigh the bad experiences.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a little twerp! I don't think it matters if your butt is big or not. To say that out loud to a teacher shows a total lack of respect and a need for discipline.
(Help, I'm turning into my mother!)