Originally Posted by sharky

for a fast recovery and easy dr visit
Thank you.
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

for a quick recovery.

I hope everything 'comes out' right.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm just thinking here?!. Do you usually hear any sort of wheezing from Kitty or has it just started?.

The reason i ask is because Sophie wheezes now and again. She's done it from being 1 year old so i mentioned it to the vet a couple of years ago, but she said cats have something in their throat that when their relaxed it sort of vibrates which makes it sound like a wheezing noise?.

When Sophie does it she's usually just sitting but she's tired and ready to sleep, so as soon as she lies down or something happens such as the phone rings which wakes her up it stops.
Really?! I`ve never heard of that before. It must be like she`s snoring while she`s awake. Bless her

This happened once before when he had another one stuck and it`s really bad after he`s tried coughing it up. When he walked into the kitchen this morning he sounded like a wheezy accordian

The vet gave us a bottle of lactulose and he`s had one dose today. He had a coughing attack this evening and then was quite wheezy and he took himself off to lay in the hall for an hour.

He`s not wheezing now and is going to sleep on the bed
I hope this flippin thing shifts soon. I`m going to ring them friday if there`s no change

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pansy had a bad stuck hairball. I didn't know what it was, because I never had a cat with a stuck hairball before. I had him all set up for the vet and xrays. He had been vomiting his food frequently. You have to SMASH the jelly stuff onto their paw, so it won't fling all over the walls. I was doing that and butter, and then he got it out. It was so big and matted so tight. The poor thing. It looked like a piece of rug. After that, we started eating some hairball kibbles along with the regular dry and wet. He also gets a dose of melted butter once or twice a week. I was glad he got it out before I spent all that money at the vet.
I hope your guy gets it out. You have to smash the jell so it won't come off, and melted butter is very tasty to them. I put a half a tbsp. in a little dish and sit it on top of the coffee till it is nice and soft. he loves. Probably get hi cholesteral now.

geocatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in the same boat it sounds like to me.  I dont want to go to the vet; but i may have to. Gosh can you imagine what that must feel like in the throat ? I dont know if i try butter again  cuz i tried that last night - to no avail. am i trying to help it up and out or back down and out? 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I am in the same boat it sounds like to me.  I dont want to go to the vet; but i may have to. Gosh can you imagine what that must feel like in the throat ? I dont know if i try butter again  cuz i tried that last night - to no avail. am i trying to help it up and out or back down and out? 
If your furbaby isn't able to keep any food down because of what appears to be a stuck hairball, then you definitely need to make a Vet visit
.  These CAN reach critical mass.  Did you try the hairball jelly stuff in the tube?  That often works.  What used to work for me was the Temptations Hairball treats.  You had to give 10 and only 10.  Worked like a charm.  BUT, they weren't stuck as far as I knew.