Stubborn adult cat mad about newcomers

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Thanks for checking in.  We're making progress.  Gracie girl is eating regularly now and she is coming around more and more as the resident cat. But she still isn't really back to herself.  One thing I actually noticed today is that if she encounters the new kitties outside on the patio she is fine. She doesn't hiss and she allows them to sniff and come near her.  However, when they are all inside the house Gracie girl will hiss at the kitties if they come near her.  Here's a picture of the new kitties from this morning.  

Jax and Gemma are always snuggling together.

Oh my...look at those two!!! Gemma has the most expressive little face [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

I'm happy that your Gracie is making progress. And especially glad that she is eating again. I'm sure it feels like a frustratingly slow progress but they will sort things out in their own time. You and your husband are doing a wonderful job in being patient and making sure Gracie feels loved and included.

Please keep us posted on how they are doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet you were thinking about my kitties. They are really doing good.  Gemma is still tiny compared to Jax. She's got a fierce and confident personality. She's super super lovable and cuddly. She's still a crazy cat around food. Just the other day I had family over for brunch.  Gemma jumped up on the dining room table and snatched a piece sausage off my son in-law plate and jumped down. It happened so fast we hardly knew what happened.  She still tries to climb onto our plates and will literally try to paw food out of your hand or even mouth. It's as if she's never eaten before. I feed them wet food 2x a day and leave kibble out for them all the time.  Jax is my handsome boy. He's silky and fluffy.  He's lovable on his terms seeking most of his love and cuddles in the morning.  He's happy to receive a belly scratch as I pass by.  But he doesn't want to be picked up and held.  Whereas Gemma will let you hold her like a baby.  She loves my grandson. They are best pals.

I cannot pry these two apart. It's so cute.

My handsome boy Jax

Jax and Max.  The dogs get along with everyone.

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet you were thinking about my kitties. They are really doing good.  Gemma is still tiny compared to Jax. She's got a fierce and confident personality. She's super super lovable and cuddly. She's still a crazy cat around food. Just the other day I had family over for brunch.  Gemma jumped up on the dining room table and snatched a piece sausage off my son in-law plate and jumped down. It happened so fast we hardly knew what happened.  She still tries to climb onto our plates and will literally try to paw food out of your hand or even mouth. It's as if she's never eaten before. I feed them wet food 2x a day and leave kibble out for them all the time.  Jax is my handsome boy. He's silky and fluffy.  He's lovable on his terms seeking most of his love and cuddles in the morning.  He's happy to receive a belly scratch as I pass by.  But he doesn't want to be picked up and held.  Whereas Gemma will let you hold her like a baby.  She loves my grandson. They are best pals.

I cannot pry these two apart. It's so cute.

My handsome boy Jax

Jax and Max.  The dogs get along with everyone.

Oh my...look at those two!!! Gemma has the most expressive little face [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

I'm happy that your Gracie is making progress. And especially glad that she is eating again. I'm sure it feels like a frustratingly slow progress but they will sort things out in their own time. You and your husband are doing a wonderful job in being patient and making sure Gracie feels loved and included.

Please keep us posted on how they are doing!
Everyone is drawn to Gemma.  She's got something special about her little kitty spirit.  She's a gem-ma (ha ha ha).  Between our neighbors kids and our grandkids they're always asking if they can have Gemma. When I say, no way Jose.  They wind up asking if she can at least have a sleepover.  ha ha ha ha 

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All kities aside (who are obviously so cute) your grandson is such a handsome little guy! 

I bet there are little girls already fighting over him at the playground 

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hellos everyone. I thought would share that we continue to make progress. Gracie girl is becoming more and more tolerant of Jax and Gemma. All three were in bed with me this morning.

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HelloMissKitty,

I am so sad to share the news that we lost Gracie girl.  Just as she was starting to come around and tolerate Jax and Gemma she disappeared.  We saw her last real late on Halloween. She went to bed with us that night, but when we woke up she was gone. Once she missed her lunch and dinner I became extremely worried.  We had posted signs all over the neighborhood and at each shelter.  Our efforts have failed.  Some people tell us not to lose hope. That their cats have disappeared for weeks or months and then one day they find their way back home.  I am doubtful.  I just pray that she is at peace wherever she may be.  :(

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!!
I'm SO, SO sorry to hear about the loss of your Gracie girl. I too pray she is at peace wherever she is and that she may find her way home to you and your husband.

Sending you lots of LOVE and HUGS [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128575[/emoji]

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! It's still really hard. We also catch ourself calling Gemma, Gracie. Their coloring was almost identical. And the older Gemma gets the more she looks and behaves like Gracie.