Struvite crystals and food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the guidance on calories.The cans all say to feed a can per 6-8 pounds of weight (depending on the can), so I'm glad to know that a can per cat per day should suffice. They're about your cats' sizes, Otto - a little over 9 lbs (Gus) and around 10.5 pounds. They just had their first birthdays.

Would he still puke hours later even after eating too fast? They got fed around 8:30 this morning, and Gus puked early afternoon. They got the same food for dinner, no issues yet ... (knock on wood!)

Fluffy, we haven't tried the Royal Canin biscuits. They're not usually big treat eaters, but it sounds like that could be a good thing to try.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the guidance on calories.The cans all say to feed a can per 6-8 pounds of weight (depending on the can), so I'm glad to know that a can per cat per day should suffice. They're about your cats' sizes, Otto - a little over 9 lbs (Gus) and around 10.5 pounds. They just had their first birthdays.

Would he still puke hours later even after eating too fast? They got fed around 8:30 this morning, and Gus puked early afternoon. They got the same food for dinner, no issues yet ... (knock on wood!)

Fluffy, we haven't tried the Royal Canin biscuits. They're not usually big treat eaters, but it sounds like that could be a good thing to try.
Oh I misunderstood, I thought he regurgitated it. No, that wouldn't be a scarf and barf. Could just be a random thing, but I know you will keep a sharp eye out. Could just be a reaction to a new food. Food changes should be done gradually, whenever possible.

I think the term 'biscuits' as used by fluffybutdeadly means dry food. What we call kibble. They call kibble 'biscuits' in the UK.

Anyway, you want to stay away from dry food, any dry food, even for treats. If you want to feed treats get something like PureBites freeze dried chicken. It's nothing but pure white chicken meat, cooked and freeze dried. Even my Mazy cat likes it, and she normally won't eat anything like that.

PS It's rare to go by the manufacturer recommendation for how much to feed. They almost always recommend too much. I don't know why.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah, thank you for the American translation. :-) I should have known! Nevermind, will not be doing that!

It was time for our boys to transition to cat food from kitten food anyway, so at least we don't have to do two transitions. Still no more puking, which makes us both happy. :-)