Stressing Please Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey ladies and gents, he came home from work and never mentioned it, so I didn't say anything either. He actually picked one up lol think he's getting fined of them too

Been a good day, mums been feeding well and kittens are far more content. No more blood and she let me put a warm compress on her, I just used a towel.

Mum was super hyper today, running and pouncing on the kids lol things are looking up

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, thank goodness your husband has chilled out. Maybe he just needed to vent his feelings. These kitties are not a problem!

So good to hear that mama kitty has settled in with her babies. It sounds like she was pre-owned, and feels happy to be in a home again. :catrub:

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey they're coming in great thanks, they're 3 weeks old now, the big male is just over 10 ounces and 2 at 9 odd ounces.

Having problems with their eyes now, for 4 days they've had yellow gunk that crusts the eyes shut. I've been cleaning them with cotton balls and salt water but no improvement.

The runts eyes are very red too, looks sore :-( he's been sneezing too I'm a bit worried they need a vet?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they need a vet for eye infections and URI. How soon can you get them in?

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried hard to get it under control and I did but it kept coming back. Had to beg my husband to take me to the vet, eventually gave in. Suspected herpes type 1? They're all on antibiotics and eye drops..which they hate!

Vet had a payment plan cost us $100 but worth every penny

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are they getting better now?

The herpes virus is common in cats. The meds should get rid of it soon. So glad he agreed to the vet!

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me too when he seen tho goo pour out the runts eye he agreed. I'll give u a giggle, we'll funny and not funny. After the kittens have fed I put them in the box, mum waits for their heads to come up and pops them on the head just like wack'a mole lol

I have to stop her because she gets a bit frisky.. Crazy cat lol other than that she's being a loving mum, still a little biting but it's gentle, maybe her way of disciplining them xxx

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys we have a flea problem now. Heading out to buy some treatment whats the best? I bathed the kittens last night, the fleas were so hard to catch, so fast! I felt the tweezers were hurting them, then i remembered using oil for my kids lice, so I covered them in coconut oil, what a difference. It slowed them down and brought them to the surface. Got a good handful from them all, poor kittens

They've been biting us too, need rid of them asap!!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this works for everyone but I always use coconut oil. For years I've been doing this. It seems to work more than anything else I use. I don't trust the flea and tick treatments because both my dog and cat had very violent reactions to them. I simply bath them in vinegar or some sort of acidic substance and rub them down with coconut oil. But like I said, everyone is different. My puppy has been flea free since doing this.

Edit: Wow, sorry. Didn't notice you mentioned coconut oil. This headache has got me bad. Didn't even see that. :bawling2:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Advantage II for cats works well. Do not buy Hartz or Sentry products. They cause itching and burning.

Flea house/carpet spray in the can is excellent to use around the room and house.

Get a flea comb to use instead of tweezers.

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if this works for everyone but I always use coconut oil. For years I've been doing this. It seems to work more than anything else I use. I don't trust the flea and tick treatments because both my dog and cat had very violent reactions to them. I simply bath them in vinegar or some sort of acidic substance and rub them down with coconut oil. But like I said, everyone is different. My puppy has been flea free since doing this.

Edit: Wow, sorry. Didn't notice you mentioned coconut oil. This headache has got me bad. Didn't even see that. :bawling2:
Yes the coconut oil made it so easy, i didnt wash it out fully because mum still has them, they look so scruffy lol I just checked them and from what I can see no fleas. Its really works!

ScottishMaggie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Advantage II for cats works well. Do not buy Hartz or Sentry products. They cause itching and burning.

Flea house/carpet spray in the can is excellent to use around the room and house.

Get a flea comb to use instead of tweezers.
Thank you! Dont want to waste money and I want her treated. Yea the tweezers were useless I ended up using my fingers..yuck! I'll get a comb and spray, we had bed bug spray so we used that around our bed but we still got bit pretty bad. Disgusting little things