Stressful couple of weeks

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Week before last my husband fell and I was asleep when I heard him go down. I jumped up and started running to him. I fell ( face planted on the wood floor). Anyway, he went by ambulance to the hospital to get checked out. I didn’t even think about getting checked out- dumb, I know. We are both on blood thinners. Other than being sore we were fine. This week, I was having problems with my atrial fibrillation. It ended up I passed out and was taken by ambulance to the ER. Turns out, my heart was pausing during the A fib trying to reset itself. They had a difficult time getting it regulated. I was admitted for observation due to the medicine they gave me. Evidently it isn’t widely used and needs close supervision when first started. It was a real pain because my husband isn’t well enough yet to stay by himself. His therapist arranged for him to come to the hospital and stay. He was in the ER while I was moved upstairs. My son and his wife took care of the pets. Luckily, I responded so well I was only in for a day and a half instead of the 3 days I was told at first. I am so happy to be home!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All is well that ends well. But this was surely something you, your husband, your family (so glad they could step in to care for the cats!) and the fur family members could have done without. Be safe, stay calm, keep warm. And know we are all sending good thoughts and fond wishes to you all.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, you have had more than your share of troubles especially at the start of the new year. I'm so sorry this happened to your husband and you. Thankfully your son and D-I-L stepped in to help with the pets since I know you have a dog also. Sending prayers and healing vibes to your DH and you. 🙏:vibes:🙏:vibes:🙏:vibes: So glad you're home and can recuperate with the animals by your side.🤗

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How scary for you both. I am so glad you're both on the mend, and very happy you had family to care for the pets so you didn't have to worry. :hugs: Stay well!!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! That is quite a week indeed, I am glad everyone is alright and on the mend - huge hugs, love and support :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Luckily, I responded so well I was only in for a day and a half instead of the 3 days I was told at first. I am so happy to be home!!
How are you feeling since you've been home? And how is your husband doing since his fall?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are both doing okay, I guess. I am still getting tired quicker than I want to. I am worried that unless I get a pacemaker or have ablation this might slow me down. I am pushing my husband to work harder on his rehab so he will be able to stay home and care for the pets if I have to go back into the hospital again.