Stressed pregnant feral.. help?

sugarcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SUGAR where is the ending????!!!  You didn't tell us what happened to CG!!!!!!  
And it's such a happy ending too!! Check it out here. Also some pics and video (click on them to watch the clips) here.

Glad you enjoyed her story!! So yes, there is hope.....

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I checked on Betty this morning.. she hadn't eaten anything and hadn't used the box from what I could see. As far as I know, she hasn't eaten anything significant since yesterday morning. I put out some sardines too. She now has kitten dry, IAMS wet, sardines, and a bowl of water. Still quiet, tried to run once, then sat down. 

I'm worried about the not eating. I will be out today from now, about 6:45 until 1:45, and then I have to be home for the cable guy to come. I should be able to get her other food after that. Tuna? Baby food? What will attract this stubborn mama cat?

Her kind brother, James Brown, was sitting on the patio chair outside today. He is her best buddy and I'm sure he misses her, but there he can still see her because she sits up in the window. Fed him and Jack Black today. They're still hanging around. Will try to trap them next week.
Try Fancy Feast - any flavor will do. BUt the Fish/Shrimp or Ocean Whitefish is a big hit. Fancy Feast kitten is also yummy to cat's and would be a good appetite stimulant. You could also drizzle tuna juice from a can of tuna on the wet food. Parmesan Cheese or crushed Temptation Treats sprinkled on top is another appetite enticer. I just use a hammer and gently smash the treats up in the bag so they become crumbly and small. Also, Offer her a couple of different plates of food and see what she will like. At this point, offer her the moon :lol2: Also - but a bit more pricey - is Weruva Cats in the Kitchen pouches or Weruva Mack/Jack or Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken. But those would only be sold at a natural store. OR just try Friskies canned foods - Turkey and Giblets, Salmon, Ocean Whitefish or Mixed Grill. :cross: That she eats today :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just very disheartening. I might get her a bigger box, but she too loves being in the windowsill right now just soaking up the sun, stretching in different positions. 

I thought she was very far along, with how distended her belly looked last week, but I can't tell now. She stretches with claws out front, or sits in the "praying" position at the window with her eyes closed. I can't see her belly, I can't see her nipples, I can't see any underside and she won't let me get any closer.

I will pick up the treats tonight. I feel so bad. I'm getting sad myself and scared! :confused:  :(
:scratch: :think: Another possibility then - she is just wormy - has roundworms in her belly and that is making her appear pregnant?? Hard to say. The only way for sure would be to trap her and get her to a vet for an examination. I think that is what I would do - maybe after your trip away. Hope she eats for you today, hun :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Make sure the litter box is a large open style box too - no hood. If the box is too small - she might not understand what it is for. You could also .... put a urine clump from your cat's box inside the house and put that clump in her litter box - break it up a little bit and mix it in - but she will smell the urine and might then be inclined :idea: to start using the litter box. Just another tip to try. It does work sometimes in these cases.

Last edited: