Stressed Out Kitty?

mld13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey,I got a cat about a year ago who spent most of her life locked in a cage giving birth every 3 months. When we first got her we kept her inside and she was very antisocial, but eventually she warmed up to us, but recently I noticed her shedding allot and I read somewhere that only stressed cats shed, so how can I help her out? 

Last edited:

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is she acting any different? My Peanut sheds like crazy this time of year. I could make my own kitten out of the fur I brush off of him. Just getting ready for his winter coat I think.

When he's stressed he does shed A LOT more. Our vets office is warm and my sweatty palms get so furry that you can't see the skin underneath. But he acts differently then also. Gives me clues that he's stressed.

Is it more than normal amounts or furry palm amounts?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mld13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she has never shed like this before and last night she got outside and she hasn't been back home yet I'm so worried she has never been gone this long and plus she is fixed so her behavior is strange to me.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your cat got out and
she returns soon.

Cats normally shed a lot a couple of times a year. Normally spring, loosing their winter coats, and fall when the winter coat starts to come back in.  Then of course there is the year round normal shedding. LOL.  So though yes a stressed cat can shed a bit more, shedding IS also normal.

mld13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a week and she still isn't back yet, I am freaking out !!!!!  there are soo many bad things that could have happened! I guess all I can do is hope for the best . 

Last edited:

mld13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She still hasn't come back yet and I don't think she ever will *sigh* I really miss her but no matter how hard I wish I know she won't come back I wish I had more pictures of her.

(Lilly)

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you checked out websites like craigslist.com? Not sure where you are from. Or called vets in your area? I've just started taking care of a beautiful kitty that seems to be lost. Maybe someone is caring for your cat and just doesn't know how to find you.