stressed out cat.

olivegoesmoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just moved into a bigger home with more people and a dog. my cat is so stressed out she will not move off the bed unless she ishungry or has to go potty. im really worried about her. whats should I do?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is quite normal. Cats hate changes and she will just need time to adjust. Let her be confined to your room with her food and litter box for awhile, this will become her safe room until the transition is complete. As there is now also a dog she will need to meet, read http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-dogs.

You could also try a feliway diffuser in the room to help calm her. Give her plenty of play time to build her confidence. It just takes time and allowing her to go at her own speed to her new surroundings. Give her time to explore with the dog put away and during quiet times in the house, leaving the door to your room open to her, so she can easily escape to it if she feels afraid. Have the other people in the house introduce themselves to her slowly using treats and toys, making themselves low to the ground to be less threatening to her, offering their hands for her to smell, but not reaching for her. Hope this helps.