Stressed Kittie!

thegingerninja

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a 8 month old kitten who gets very stressed when travelling to the vets or visiting his granny(my mum in law)as she only lives around the corner from the vets.
When in the car he is very quiet, and after a 20 min journey, has to be cleaned at the other end

Even on the way home its the same story,is there some thing that we can do to stop this.
normally he is a very lively and destructive kittie, it seems that he meets his memesis when travelling
Regards
The ginger ninja

Which one is the ginger ninja?

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ginga!!!

What a cute furry fella (the cat's not bad either) Haha!!!

Poor stressed baby. The only thing I can think of is some kind of sedative. There are a number of natural remedies (Dr Bachs is one) that are good for calming kitties down. I think Pets at Home stock it, but also I've seen it at my local pet corner shop (which I personally prefer to the huge faceless pet supermarkets).

Talk to your vet also, there may be other homeopathic remedies on the market that will help calm your kitty down.

BTW - I just LOVE the name Ginger Ninja. I used to work with a real miserable red-headed bloke, and they all used to call him the Ginger Whinger!!!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How nice of you to share breakfast with kitty! Or is kitty sharing with you?
I have a very timid cat that was abused before I got her. She always had accidents when she had to go anywhere. She has finally grown out of it. She is still miserable in the carrier, but is no longer so terrified that she soils herself. Ginger is still young, so maybe he will grow out of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thegingerninja

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Firstly thanks for the help with a natural sedative, if it doesn't work on the cat i can try it when he has his little 'mad' moments!

Secondly, he was pinching my breakie(sporties) other english people should know this ceral as it is endorsed by Michael owen the footballer. The reason for him getting the run of the house (or table) is that he had cat flu aged 7 weeks, and spent a week on anti biotics(strawberry flavour
) and eye drops!To be honest we did not think he would survive but he has and since then has bought havoc to the house!
He has managed to bring down every single set of curtains in the house and enjoys getting us up at 4 in the morning by nibbling or more to the point trying to eat toes.....
But we love him!hence the name the ginger ninja, but thats another story involving net curtains

Regards
The ginger ninja