Stray, Possibly Hurt Stray/feral Kitty Under My Shed That Wont Move...

GoopGab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so.. theres a feral/stray kitty under my shed that refuses to move. we gave her 8 bowls of food and water and she gladly ate it all. shes been there for two days now.. and shes still there.
we tried calling about 10 spcas to send a rescue team, but they were all closed or too far away...
she just meows and doesnt run. she always pushes the leaves shes on under the shed but falls over doing so. i can see her and she sees me. ive been trying to do slow blinks, which is the first step to taming feral/stray kitties.. but shes not buyin' it.
HELP???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoopGab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
btw i have seen the kitty around before, on my doorstep. we always feed her but shes so scared.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think she's sick or injured? She won't move at all? You could try moving the food bowl a little and see if she walks towards it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoopGab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think she's sick or injured? She won't move at all? You could try moving the food bowl a little and see if she walks towards it.
if i place the bowl outside the shed, she doesnt even try to get it. i think she is injured. theres a street right next to the shed, and she might've got hit and fled to under the shed :bawling:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. I'm not sure how you could lure her out, besides food. Hopefully others will have some better ideas.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she is too injured to move, you may need to figure a way to reach her. Since she is eating, I'd try setting up a live trap with the food in it. Block the other escape points so she has to go in the trap and wait for her to be caught. If she's been there for two days and still is alive; I would assume that the swelling or injury that is preventing movement should be down enough for some movement soon. This is based on, when my boy was injuried and broke his leg, he made his way home on the fourth day. It could also be fear keeping her from moving.

If she doesn't go in the trap after 12 hours, I would still keep giving her food closer since that would indicate she really can't move more. If you get to day four and she is still there you may need to figure out a way to get to her. If the shed is on dirt, maybe dig her out? If on concerte, it may have to be as crude as a broom to pull her out.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you asked your local police for help? They will know who to contact to rescue the injured cat. It's also possible that the fire department would have some expertise in this matter. My local police have assisted me in various situations involving protecting a feral cat from a hostile neighbor, removing a bat from my house, and assisting with sick raccoons on my block. It really wouldn't hurt 2 call them or go down to the station and talk with them. They could at least point you in the direction of getting help.

I would hold off putting food into a trap, because if she is unable to move to get to the food, she could become dehydrated and get weaker . It's a good idea to mix some water into some canned food in addition to giving dry food, which will not go bad for several hours. Bless you for helping this cat.