Stray or not?

ferneden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! There is a lovely little Calico cat that keeps hanging around my work and I'm getting concerned she might be a stray. She's very friendly, if i put my hand out then she'll come for some snuggles but gets scared at sudden movements. She's quite chubby and very vocal and I've seen people feeding her on the street and she wolf's it down in seconds.

I know there's no definite way to tell if she's a stray just by looking but i volunteer at a cat centre so i can get her a lovely home if she is. If i take her to the vet to get her microchip checked and she does have an owner, can i just return her to where I found her and not get told off? Haha. I live in England so the weather is rubbish and I'd hate to think of her on the streets

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely take her to see if she is micro chipped.  I don't understand why you would get told off when you are doing this out of concern for the kitty.  I would not take her back to where you found her, but instead to her owners.  Possibly have the cat center call the owners so they can retrieve her.  Possibly they don't know she travels so far.

Hopefully she is not pregnant thus the reason for her being a bit chubby.  

Thank you for caring about her.  I hope that she finds her owners or finds a wonderful home.