Stray Kitty - Addition to our family?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome home Bugsy!
You're gonna LOVE being parasite free!

Was he licking himself too much and irritating the surgery site? None of our kitties needed the cone - it's generally used only if kitty is bothering the surgery site too much.

And I have to agree with Carolina - that cord looks dangerous!

rachelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new kitty adopted me, and I am so excited. She is so wonderful and full of love. She has become my major inspiration and I have found so much joy in her that I began to write again. If you are blessed to have an animal adopt you, take them in and give them all the love in the world. They will love you back 100 fold.

Here is the link to a blog I wrote about Precious.

http://www.helium.com/items/2011885-...rs-pet-stories

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is constantly trying to lick his area where the incision was made so thats why we have to keep the cone of shame on him. The ribbon was given to us by the ASPCA vet tech because Bugsy kept taking it off his head so they told us to very lightly tie it around his neck. It may look tight to you guys but believe us its not.

My gf wanted me to show you guys what Bugsy did to her the night before (this past Saturday) he got neutered. I was passing through his room with a broom and the next thing i know, he slammed into me and began growling and shreiking. I looked down and saw him growling and puffed up looking at the broom. I shook the broom a few seconds after to see his reaction again and left the room. My gf went into the room to see what was going on with Bugsy. A few minutes later, I heard my gf scream. She told me he had attacked her right after she had combed him trying to calm him down. She took 3 steps away from him and he lunged at her ankle/foot with teeth and claws. I accept all blame for what happened to her :-(.

Please do not think that I hurt him or hit him with the broom. I love animals and would never do such things! I was just startled and curious by his reaction to the broom so I foolishly riled him up by shaking the broom to see his reaction again. Lesson learned. Don't mess with a tom cat!

Someone I spoke to while we waited for the Mobile clinic to arrive told me that perhaps he was abused with a broom. Do cats remember things like that or not?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The definitely do.
In fact - isn't this the second time he's attacked your GF? It may have been a woman that abused him. They remember things like that too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

The definitely do.
In fact - isn't this the second time he's attacked your GF? It may have been a woman that abused him. They remember things like that too.
Quite possibly! Yes, this is the second time he attacked her. He hasn't attacked me and I get in his face with the mushies, lol! What matters now is that he is behaving in his lovable way and I hope he remains that way! We're going to wait about a month till his ear mites and worms clear out to begin introducing him to Toby and Fifi who are very curiously anticipating him