Stray kitten

robin20

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found 2 kittens on the front porch of the house today and another 1 in the bushes just outside our house. I planned on getting them inside so I waited if they are being taken care of a momma cat and the momma cat showed up. The momma cat relocated them to the bushes just adjacent to our wall outside where the 3rd kitten was. What I'm worried about is it rained kinda hard just an hour ago but the momma cat didn't get the third kitten out of the rain ( the two kittens are still in our front porch safe from the rain). So I just putted an umbrella cause the momma cat really wasn't going to get to a dry place away from the rain., but she and the 3rd kitten was still soaked wet from the rain for about 10mins before I could put the umbrella. I checked up again on them after the rain stopped and found the momma cat took the 2 kittens from the porch and placed them to the bushes. I couldn't stand doing nothing so I placed some food for the momma cat. I was surprised cause the two kittens are the one who ate it. I didn't expect for them to be eating cause they were still so small. Another thing that's worrying me is the one of the kittens is just snuggled up to it's momma while the two kittens are kinda playing and they're also already agile. I don't know if it's just sleeping or it is sick. I reckon it's the one who's been soaked on the rain. I want to help taking care of the kittens but I don't wanna take them away from they momma cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good you are trying to help. This will surely be a big difference for them, however you do it.

What are your possibilities? CAN you take all four inside?  Or just the kittens? or none at all, and you can "only" help them outside?

If they had not yet perished, although the mom doesnt have a sheltered nest for them, so they will probably survive some longer too. Especielly now when they and their mom will get food from you.

What is killing them is oftne not some rain, but lack of food. It must be really cold before the cold does kills them by itself.

If you can take them all in, we will discuss the ways to do it later. 

Tx a lot for caring!

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

robin20

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I checked up on them this morning but there are nowhere to be found :( The momma cat might've relocated them again to another place. I'll try to look for places near our house especially the abandoned house just few blocks away from us where most stray cats are living in.