Stray, hurt, Siamese kitty.

Bri34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This morning as I was leaving for work, I saw a cute Siamese kitty outside my apartment gate. I stopped my car and got out to try and get it to come near me. He was hesitant at first, but then ran over to me and rolled over to let me pet him. It was then that I noticed he was super matted, dirty, and had a huge gash on its face that was leaking a ton of green, infected ooze. I still stayed with the cat for a little longer trying to contemplate what I should do. I was running late for work (I’m a teacher) and didn’t have the luxury of scooping him up and taking him to the vet. As I was trying to decide, a car pulled up behind me to leave the complex and I knew I needed to move my car and keep going.

Upon reflection, I realized that I felt extremely guilty for leaving the cat there. I have a kitty of my own and I’m a huge animal lover. I have been sobbing all day, and began looking for the cat when I got home to try and take him in. The shelter in my area said if I could get the cat in a carrier, that they would take the cat and nurse it back to health and then put it up for adoption. I haven’t been able to find the cat and I can’t help feeling like I failed the poor, innocent, sweet baby. I keep thinking about how scared, hurt, and cold the cat must be outside in the wild. I feel absolutely sick about not taking him this morning when I had the chance and just being late to work. Did I do something wrong and should I feel guilty?

I’m not sure if this was the right place to post this, but it seemed like the best place given the options. If you read this post the whole way through, thank you.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is the kitty still hanging around? You didn't do anything wrong as it isn't your cat, but an infected wound can be healed. You could also call a rescue group too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been looking for the cat for an hour but he’s no where to be found. I contacted my local shelter, but tomorrow I will call a rescue group to look for him in the area. Thank you ♥

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a wonderful effort. Some antibiotics and a clean up might be all he needs.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for your great compassion - I am sure that such good character makes you an excellent and inspiring teacher!
It could be that some other good citizen has rescued that cat. You could try posting on social media and/or create flyers and be sure to put one in your car's rear window so you expand your viewing audience. Depending upon how secure you feel, I suggest using pseudonyms and an alternate email (or a "burner phone" like criminals use - I worked 10 years in a public defender's office which is how I learned about such things) for your flyers.
Please keep us updated!
Sending prayers and vibes for that Siamese cat! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you are in the US, open a nextdoor.com account if you don't already have one. It will easily allow you to post this story to your immediate area, or another area that you designate, and someone may respond/others may keep an eye out for the kitten.