Stray/Feral cat with injured shoulder

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I gave Fiona her thyroid pill for years crushed and placed in BFF food. That was the only way she would take it. As was stated, you have to make sure that it is okay to crush the pill and that the cat eats the entire spot where the crushed pill is placed, but it worked for her.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You accomplished a lot already. Getting the shots behind him is great. It takes time to work through everything but he is a very lucky and smart kitty to have found you!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a compounding pharmacy that will make a RX into a treat, it's called roadrunner pharmacy, they are in arizona
they can do it over the phone and get the RX from your vet, If the cat won't eat the treat you can cut it and put it in their food.
I cut my feral Walli's treat and put it in her dry food and she ate it, they are soft so easy to cut.
I apologize if someone already posted this, I did not read the thread in its entirety.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot to update after his follow up in early January. He went from 7 lbs to 8.2 lbs at his 3 week follow up. He's probably more that that now 5 months later. His shoulder has gotten a lot better. But it's probably never going to be 100%. He doesn't seem to want to climb the tall cat tree, but he will climb or hop onto the shorter ones. He's settled in to being a house cat and has stopped frequent pawing at the back door to go out. He can be pretty playful and cuddly too. I ended up naming him Roman.