Stray Cat

Grace_3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me and my mother recently rescued a stary cat off the streets. She is very friendly and sweet and love to cuddle. The day before we brought her home she’s was a tracked by two other cats, luckily she wasn’t harmed.We have two other cats that we have tried to introduce her to but she’s hisses and growls if they get to close. How can I get her to trust my other to cats?

ivyandnala

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If your older cats aren't being aggressive towards her, that's half the battle... more than half actually. What your kitten needs is time. It can take months to introduce one cat to another. She's hissing to let the older cats know they're too close and she's uncomfortable. It's normal cat communication. As long as you don't have a cat fight on your hands, I think you're okay just letting this play out. You can help the process along by doing things like feeding all the cats together in somewhat close proximity, playing with the kitten while the other cats are around (if you can get them to all play that's a big bonus), giving treats to them when they're together, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Grace_3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply:)
I have tried brushing Luna (new cat) and Felix (Resident cat) then midnight (resident cat) in the same room. Luna didn’t seem to mind much. There was no hissing or growling so that was good! Hopefully she can make progress :hyper: