Stray Cat

NoelGlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi
I started taking care of a fertile cat last xmas & purchased a wooden outdoor house for him. My son wrapped a pillow with a wooden blanket for the cats new bed. He slept in his house all winter & seemed to like it but I noticed in the last few weeks even when it's raining he goes under the car & never goes into his house. I'm completely at a loss. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be because he is not cold enough right now.

Does his house or blanket or pillow need cleaning?

Is he neutered?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe another cat went in there and sprayed it. I would clean everything real good and see if that helps. Have you checked to see if a possum might have moved in?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My feral cats do not use their shelters at all during the summer. It is just too hot. They find hiding spots that are dry such as under decks or porches to use for when it rains.

Please be sure this kitty is spayed/neutered. Since you are feeding and caring for this kitty, he/she is now your responsibility. The most important thing is to have the cat spayed/neutered. Since you are feeding and sheltering the cat, it is now strong and able to reproduce.

Thank you for caring for this kitty.