Stray Cat

JustAMaleThatLovesCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I found this cat,I'm pretty sure it's a stray,because she/he is very friendly,allows me to pick her up and put her/him in my lap; and my neighbours told me they saw a missing cat poster,but I didn't see any. I feed him/her every day.I don't know what gender or how old is he/she.My first question would be:What breed does it look like,next: How old could she/be and 3.rd Should I feed her dry or wet food??? 20170823_161744.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That looks like a half-grown kitten.

If you hold up the tail and post a rear view photo, we may be able to sex the kitten for you.

The kitten needs 24/7 access to dry kitten chow, and several wet food meals per day (3-4). Fresh water also and a litter box too.

Kitten looks very sweet!

Will you be keeping it?

Thank you for rescuing it! :)

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would take the cat to the vet to see if it has a micro chip. If someone is looking for the kitty, maybe he/she is micro chipped. You also could put up fliers around that say "Found Kitty" with a picture. Yet be sure that the true owner comes forward and gives key identity markers for the cats. You don't want someone looking for a free cat that would want the cat for negative reasons ( ie using them as food/bait).

Thank you for trying to help this kitty. It definitely is not a feral kitty.

If you keep the cat, it will need some vet care. The first step is to be sure the kitty is spayed/neutered. Also you want vaccines and tests for kitty diseases.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People use cats in dog fighting or as food for some snakes. They often look for people giving away cats.