Stray Cat Problems...

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you do a search on catio you might find lots of ideas that you can do for your porch.  You could easily make a cozy spot for him to sleep as well as a place for him to eat.  It might make him feel better.  Also if you have a screen door, it might make it easier to begin some proper introductions between your inside cats.  

Also please get him neutered.  His instinct will be hormonal and he will begin to look for mates which often leads to wandering as well as territorial fighting.  Unaltered cats just cannot help it, they are completely hormone driven.  I know you don't want him wandering as well as getting into fights.  

Look for low cost spay/neuter clinics in your area.  A neuter and rabies shot ( usually required) runs about $50.  

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the crate I was thinking of.  

If you are handy it might be cheaper or easier to make a tall box out of 2"x2's, install shelving and then cover it all with wire.  If it is as big as your porch,  you could get a litter box and house in there, too.

You could also take it apart if and when you move.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

This is the crate I was thinking of.  

If you are handy it might be cheaper or easier to make a tall box out of 2"x2's, install shelving and then cover it all with wire.  If it is as big as your porch,  you could get a litter box and house in there, too.

You could also take it apart if and when you move.
I actually have this crate and it is very very flimsy.  It is nice that you can fold it up, but I did not like how the shelves were flimsy and noisy.  I had to put towels under the shelves to stop them from rattling.  My cats hated it.  I do have another one that is sturdier and about the same price ($100), but it is not able to be taken apart or collapsed easily.  

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The rescue I volunteer for will advertise and screen potential adopters as a courtesy as long as you continue to foster the cat and he is vetted.(We have limited foster homes)   We are nowhere near you, but you might try calling some small volunteer no kill shelters and ask  if they can help you out. 

I understand your dilemma.  I think anyone who rescues does.  Thank you for caring.  Good luck! 

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I actually have this crate and it is very very flimsy.  It is nice that you can fold it up, but I did not like how the shelves were flimsy and noisy.  I had to put towels under the shelves to stop them from rattling.  My cats hated it.  I do have another one that is sturdier and about the same price ($100), but it is not able to be taken apart or collapsed easily.  
Good to know!