Stray Cat Pregnant

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
iv been feeding this female calico cat for last 4 months since i moved to country shes sweet and very strange lol she love sup against the stray dogs that are in my neighbourhood ect but shes smart enough t know that i can feed her so she lives around my house and i give her all my scraps of food i dont eat and stuff my cat doesnt eat.

anyways shes really pregnant and im sure if she has them with the bastard dogs around they will eat them i just brought her inside now and shes crying t get out should i try t keep her inside sp she has them and they will be safe?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep her inside and then get her spayed later on after the kittens are born. Is your other cat an indoor cat? Is he/she fixed?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, keep the mom inside until the kittens are weaned and she can be spayed. Can you keep her in a room by herself?

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
Yes i would high suggest keeping the pregnant mama inside for a while just in case. This way you can monitor her and the babies just in case their are complications. I would suggest building her a nest and providing her with a litter tray, food and plenty of water as well in a room so she knows where it is. I wish you the very best of luck! We love pictures!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And another vote for keeping her in until the babies are here and old enough to find homes (10-12 weeks). You may be shocked at how quickly she settles in, once she is accustomed to being there, has a comfy nesting box, and good food on a regular basis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would keep her inside and then get her spayed later on after the kittens are born. Is your other cat an indoor cat? Is he/she fixed?

well she isnt my cat she apparently belongs to some rednecks up road who don't take care of her so she lives on my property cause i throw out table scraps for the cats and shes smart enough to be nice to me tog et her food lol im afraid the dogs are gonna eat her kittens when she has them though and she doesnt llike being inside iv brought her in few times she doesnt go crazy but she cries almost non stop

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's taken up with you. Since your dogs will likely kill the kittens you need to keep her inside whether she cries or not.

Provide a litter box and plenty of cat food. Pregnant and nursing moms need tons of cat food.

A quiet room of her own with a nesting box will be ideal when she has her kittens soon.

Thanks for caring for her!

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they arnt my dogs either lol. rednecks in the south dont care to control there animals feed them or chain them up. they let them run wild and leave off. i moved to new place and id see cats around .so id put food on my car socats would jump on top and eat it. dogs started t come too and i cant get rid of them no matter what i do. theres no animal control service out here.

so i basically have to shoot them is what the owners said lol. they r scummy, and wont do anything and they chase my cats around on my property its quite annoying tbh. but i dont mind the mama cat, shes friendly and i feed her pretty good. she eats the fat from my meats usually, and im sure those dogs will kill those kittens right away if not them the other 2 male cats that roam around the house to eat will

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well i can tell she prob isnt use to being inside idk if i could sleep honestly lol . with her screaming my house is old timy too id have t put her in laundry room area. its huge area for her but its very hot due to no air conditioner in that part of the house.

it can get 105 degrees in there since house is ole wooden and no curtains i would let her be in the main part of my house but then shed fight with my boy and that wouldnt be good especially her being pregnant im not sure when shes gonna have them shes been pregnant at least a month shes pretty big now

i really wish most cats were sterile i hate that her kittens arnt gonna have a good chance at life more than likely cause nobody cares for cats out here and i dont think i can take on 4 more or so cats especially since i move around so much

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that this cat is essentially your responsibility now. It's kind of you to look out for her. Please keep her in. She'll adjust. Can you add a fan to the laundry room?

She and her kittens will meet a cruel end outside...

megdarcy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took in a stray pregnant cat two weeks ago, and she cried all night every night for about a week wanting to go back outside. Its hard but its the best thing for them :) Now she's settled and happy, expecting kittens any day now!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please leave her inside the air conditioned area of your home. She needs to eat cat food too, not just meat fat.

Please do not let her kittens get killed. They can be given up for adoption.

This cat will need spaying and a home too.

Where are you located? City and state. I'll look for a rescue where you can take her and her kittens.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please leave her inside the air conditioned area of your home. She needs to eat cat food too, not just meat fat.

Please do not let her kittens get killed. They can be given up for adoption.

This cat will need spaying and a home too.

Where are you located? City and state. I'll look for a rescue where you can take her and her kittens.

i live in union ms its a very horrible place where nobody cares thereis no animal control iw as at a outdoor seafood place to get crawfish months back and a little kitten walked up to me outside and there was about 30people around i picked him up and realized his ribs were broken and he had skin hanging off his legs where a dog had gotten ahold of him

the kitten needed desperate help and all these people were saying ewww get that thing away!! i was shocked i went next door to the walgreens to ask them if they knew any emergency vets then the lady came out to get the kitten but he was gen by time we came back t find him sadly that still makes me sad today

i guess ill try to put her inside but tbh i dont think she will do well with festis my boy cat he will not want her in and they dont need to be fighting when shes pregnant ill figure something out

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's a tough situation. You'll have to figure out how to lock her in a room where he can't her and her family when it arrives. Toms, even neuters ones occasionally, can kill kittens that aren't their own, and the occasional tom will go after his own kittens (personally I think this happens when a litter has more than one father and the tom fails to make the distinction). Keep us posted, and we will advise as best we can in this.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They would need to be kept separate for the foreseeable future.

Can you do that?

You're in Union, Mississippi? I'll see what I can find.

In the meantime, is your cat neutered?

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes my boy is fixed hes a big goofball tbh i dont see him killing kittens he didnt even wana kill a little mouse he saw once but hed prob get mad at the mom being inside i think she may have had them i didnt see her at all yesterday or today so f ar normally i see her once day when she comes to eat hopefully she hasnt had them shes been pregnant from what i could tell about 4 t 5 weeks so far

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats don't show until the fifth week, and pregnancy is between 9 and 10 weeks, so it's possible she had them.

Hopefully she'll be back for food soon and you'll know.

If she's had them, try to find out where they are.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i just went for a walk earlier up road to find her meowing and let my boy out and he followed me like a dog its funny how i can take walks with my cat like a dog he likes to walk behind me sometimes spying lol hes testing out his hunting skills he truly relys on me never seen a cat walk side by side together i was 50 yards away and i saw him sprinting full speed t me form my porch catch up to me as i began t walk lol he was tired at the end

also the pregnant cat just came up to the house when iwas grilling meowing wanting food as usual shes alot smaller which tells me sadly she had them already and fact she left them t come here for food im gonna watch her and see if she goes off but i looked around earlier today and no sign of her at all until now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I told you she would be back for food soon. Did you feed her?

You'll need to leave food out for her a couple of times a day.

Try to see where she goes so you can find where her kittens are.