Stray Cat Out Front Of Door

Robinhoodaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

I moved into a new apartment and there seems to be several stray cats that rome the place.

I think the owner or someone who just fed the cat moved out recently. Every night, the cat meows pretty loudly, sometimes for a very long time. If I go outside for some fresh air, he will dart for the stairs right up to my door.

I have left some food outside, but wonder if this is making it worse. He is def an outside cat, as he does disappear for a few days sometimes it seems.

I can’t take in a cat right now, as am a pilot and gone a week each month, not to mention live pilots salary . If I call a shelter, being that the cat is prob a bit older (at least 6 or 7), it seems like it wouldn’t end well.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would ask some of the neighbors and find out if they cat is an owned cat, stray who was left behind or a feral cat. The most important thing is making sure the cat is spayed or neutered. If you feed they will breed. If not spayed/neutered.

Since you are often away and cannot feed, it may be best to not get the cat dependent on you for food. Please ask around to the neighbors and see what you can find out. It is wonderful that you want to help.