Stray Cat Not Eating, But Still Drinking Water.

Lisaloowho

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding a stray kitty (snickers) for about 5 months, and about two day's ago i noticed he was much less active, and turning down food. I also think he threw up after attempting to eat today. He is still drinking plenty of water, and moving about, but I cant get him to take food. I tried fresh chicken breast,tuna,turkey, and plain cat food. Any ideas what it could be? His stomach isn't swollen, and he doesn't mind when i pet him. Could it possibly be a bad hairball?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get him to a vet? It sounds like he is not feeling well.

It is impossible to know what is causing it without an exam. It could be many things - a cold, a virus, worms, parasites, etc. A vet check is best so they can treat whatever it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisaloowho

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you get him to a vet? It sounds like he is not feeling well.

It is impossible to know what is causing it without an exam. It could be many things - a cold, a virus, worms, parasites, etc. A vet check is best so they can treat whatever it is.
I'm going to take him to the vet first thing in the morning. I can't afford any expensive testing, but I'm going to see what they can do. Hopefully it's just a virus, and they can get him on antibiotics. I will update on what happens tomorrow;)