Stray cat help

peanutbutternom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. There's this stray cat always been coming to my place for foods like everyday for about almost 2 months already, she's pregnant ever since. But due to the fact I've been sick for 2 weeks I didn't really see her and fed her but my dad fed her for me.

So today she came and I saw her, her round belly looks smaller then usual and her nipple was long and pink? So probably she's already have given birth? But what doubt me is even tho the round belly became smaller but what I see from the side it looks still round..? I don't know whether it's still pregnant or not? Or she's just fat from her normal weight even after birth?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
P peanutbutternom

It sounds like she has already birthed her kittens. Mama kitties get saggy bellies after having their babies. It's nothing to worry about.

She needs lots of food to support nursing her kittens. Moms do leave their kittens to go eat. Thank you for feeding her.

It would have been ideal to have taken her into your home before she had her kittens, but you still can and should. You'll need to follow her to see where she goes in order to find the kittens. It should not be too far away.

When you find them, bring them back and put them in a nesting box that's big enough for mom to stretch out and nurse in. Mom will follow you back to the house. The kittens and mom will be safer in your home from predators and the weather.

I hope you find them today! Please keep us posted.