stray cat. Help?

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm not new to this site, I just havn't been on in months. So thank you for reading this thread.

Why I posted this was because there is this stray cat in my neighborhood. Now i've known about this cat for awhile, but I just haven't REALLY notic3d him. A few hours ago I was letting my dog in and I see rhis cat on my neighbors shed. I approach not getting to close. But what surprised me was how wild it looked. You know, fur matted and tangled, pretty skinny. He didn't let me get to close to him/her. I brought my two cats inside and it didn't seem as hostile. Being me, I returned with some leftover chicken, just small pices and tossed them to him/her. It gobbled it up and walked away a few and called out to something, meowing and returned. Then he/she came closer and I let it sniff my hand. I didnt touch it cause I dont know what possible diseases it could have. then it left but i got a picture of it.

Sorry for the long story, but I just want to know. I don't want to keep it, but the cat is obviously abandoned or lost. (I've known about him for about a year and a half. I thought he belong3d to someone) his ears look infected with cuts and scratches and his right ear looks like it was mawled by another animal or something. His eyes dont look infected, walking normally. Ill try to put a picture of him down below. Thanks!! Anyfeedback will help.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a way that you can borrow a humane trap and try to trap him.  You could call around to a no kill shelter.  Maybe he was micro chipped.  I hope you are able to help him. 

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catluvr101,

Shadows Rescue gives good advice. I would add it should really be a no kill shelter as animal control or even a Humane Society will probably take the cat from you, hold it for 10 days, and then kill it.

It would be great if you could borrow a trap and take her to a vet to get the cat checked out for a micro chip and for the cat's health. I would guess the cat was abandoned or never had a home. If that is not possible I would suggest contacting Alley Cat Allies and see if there are any people in your area willing to help out this cat. They have a list of people in areas around the country that are willing to help ferals. It would be best to get this cat spayed or neutered (if not already), shots, ears checked out, etc. Really cute cat. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks for caring for this cat.