Stray Cat Emergancy!

Mochicat

All About Mochi
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, today I noticed something strange about the kitten in my backyard. The Mother for some reason is keen on having her kittens in my backyard (rescued her first litter, that’s where I got my cat Mochi from. Her siblings went off the loving homes!) She had another litter of 3 this time around during early November probably. We weren’t able to catch the kittens because this time around so we just let them be. They’re all older now and they still live in my backyard. The kitten I rescued was always very quiet and reserved, wouldn’t reallt explore much like her siblings. I went on a trip to Mexico and like usual, my sister gave me updates on the kittens. She noticed in late December that one of the kittens had a swollen watery eye. We figured maybe she had seen wrong, the kittens dont usually let us near them so we werent able to check if she had seen correctly. Today however, my mother noticed it was laying limply in our backyard while she was watering, she also noticed it had a large lump on its neck. When i went out to capture it to take it to my local Humane Society I noticed that the lump had ruptured, it also had green puss oozing out of it. I went to go give it food, to see if it would motivate it to get up, but it hunched over and began to cough dryly. It stopped coughing for a little and saliva began to drivble out of its mouth while it was hunched over. I managed to capture it and put it in the cage. I’ll insert a photo of the kitten! Hopefully they’re able to restore it back to health so it can find a living home... they gave me its A.I.D. To check up on its progress tomorrow!! I’ll also try to capture the mommy and other kittens, though theyre really fast.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochicat

All About Mochi
Young Cat
Purraise
Oop, some typos in this message!! Meant *really and *loving. :goldstar:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor kitten! Are you going to take it to The Humane Society? Check that they will treat the cat and not euthanise. It would be better if you said it was your pet and not a feral cat.

It may have an infected cat bite, so will need to have the wound cleaned and will also need antibiotics. Ask for an injection of antibiotics rather than pills, it will be impossible to pill a cat you can't handle. (Say you work irregular hours and can't give her pills every day or that you can't get the cat to take pills, don't say she is feral.)

The mother and the kittens all need to be spayed and neutered ASAP, or you will have about 30 of them in 6 months time. You need to get a humane trap and do it that way.

Here are some articles that might help.

9 Practical Ways For You To Help Feral Cats

Everything You Need To Know About Tnr (trap-neuter-release)

Handling Feral Cats

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Try to make contact with a rescue group or person to help you trap. Vet or shelter may have some contacts. These guys need spay/neuter.

Good work rescuing that baby! Keep it up.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So how did it go with the kitten?

Any thoughts on spay/neuter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochicat

All About Mochi
Young Cat
Purraise
So how did it go with the kitten?

Any thoughts on spay/neuter?
Hello! Haven’t heard anything on as to what the little kitten had, they usually post at 4 days what they had wrong. I called to make Mochi an appointment since her incision has a bump on it thats been growing ):