Stray cat, considering bringing her inside.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, instead of an aerosol or diffuser, can you use some Nature's Miracle? It is handy to have around in any case, and when used on her sleeping spot (and anywhere else necessary even the hard surface of the rim of the litterbox) it should take care of the lingering odor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, instead of an aerosol or diffuser, can you use some Nature's Miracle? It is handy to have around in any case, and when used on her sleeping spot (and anywhere else necessary even the hard surface of the rim of the litterbox) it should take care of the lingering odor.
The spot on the bed blankets was cleaned last night when I took everything to the wash, but this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While shes still not fully ready to be around the boys that much, she's been doing great at home. She tolerates them, but because shes secluded for most of the day they always want to be in her face as soon as the doors open because theyre so curious. No bad intentions, they just don't know personal space lol. She's definitely progressing there, though, just slowly.

Please don't mind the hairy leg lol.

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So its been just about 4 months and while I think things are progressing great, albeit slowly, I'm running into a bit of an issue with my oldest. So within the past 2 weeks or so I have been leaving a small enough crack that only she can get in and out of her room, when I put the baby doors up as I get home from work. This has been a good way to let her explore the apartment at her own pace as I go about my business, or I'm spending time with the boys, and its been working. After all the commotion has settled she'll start exploring the apartment for a little, sitting at the front or back door, mostly, but still at least getting comfortable to come out on her own.

So, with my oldest.. At times, he'll roll over on his back and expose his stomach when he sees her, wanting to play, which to me, was a great sign of exposing his weakness. He also has learned to not go directly in her face immediately, which I notice as another good sign. However, there has been times where Litto gets absolutely spooked by something and scurrys back quickly to her room. This knee jerk reaction ends up causing my oldest, Moomoo, to get startled in kind and give chase. The crack in the door has worked great as he ends up getting blocked out, but she will hiss/spit aggressively and slap the gate as soon as she makes it in, which causes him to tense up to and sometimes end up slapping the gate back - both of them being obviously agitated/aggressive. Totally understandable on her part, shes 6lbs and hes 13/14lbs.

I'm having a hard time correcting this type of behavior from him. Its just odd because most the time hes in his friendly mode, then this pops up occasionally. I've tried fellaway type sprays, but I don't think it does much with them anymore. She's segregated all day so they aren't interrupting her space, I only let them in her room once a week or every other week for 30 minutes at a time. I sometimes lock them in their own room and let her explore the house. They have had face to face time with me handing out treats to try to create a positive memory of interaction. All these things have 100% helped with her introduction. I think part of the issue is her extreme skittish nature as well as the fact of my oldest trying to establish a hierarchy in the household with a new housemate. If she cant see something happening, it will 100% of the time startle her and cause her to skidaddle. Even with all that, it has not deterred her from continuously going out on her own to explore, constantly.

With all that said, I do feel everyones progressing. Shes getting the used to the younger boy the most. Hes so passive and submissive and she sees that. Plus he keeps her company all day long when Im at work, sitting at her door constantly. Plus when I do play time with her after work and the baby gates are up, hes right there sitting playing with her toys under the door as they get close. She will still hiss at him, but shes by far less aggressive with him outright. They will definitely get along first.

Aside from that, shes so sweet and is a completely different cat than she used to be outside. While still skittish, shes trying to be trusting all around, and shes really adapted to me. We sleep together, shes excited when I wake up, when I get home, even when I randomly visit her during the day