Stray Cat Brought Her Kittens

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all,
Its been a long time since i wrote on here. My beloved Otto (see pic) passed away 9 month ago and i wasnt on here since.
Quick recap of happened then:
I moved recently to another flat and as fate wants it, on the very first day, while moving stuff into my flat, a curious young cat moved in also! Very vocal and not affraid but not cuddly. He never wanted to stay indoors, always came inside for some food and a quick look around but always wanted to go back out. He made that very clear!
So, fast forward 3 month. I was able to pick him up and discovered that he is actually a she. Ok. Silly me i thought. Yesterday night i heard some comotion outside the door and i opened to find her with her 2 young kittens in front of my door! Quite frankly i dont know what to do now. I dont have the time and resources to care for the little ones. As much as i would love to. I am travelling quite much for work. I nees some advise on how to proceed. There are no cat shelters where i live (Georgia, country not state) the neighbours seem to dont mind cats in the stairwell. So i am wondering if its ok for now for them to live there ans i provide food and water whenever i can. And also cuddles. Since she brought her kittens she is very affectionate.
Any suggestion would be great!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Better if they are inside your flat esp as she is cuddly now.

You can perhaps get someone to come in and give food wster change litter when you are on travel?

Perhaps some neighbor girl dau?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your suggestion.
I dont speak the local language and thus can not communicate with neighbours.
Judging by the pic i attached in op, how old are the kittens?
At what age do they start to bite cables and such. ( i repair computers from home and my flat is littered with potential dangers for the lottle ones)
When is it save for them to be transported , e.g the vet or if i find a kind person to take them?
I have never had kittens that young. If i decide to take them in, what can i accpect in the near future?
Sorry for all the questions!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens could be a couple months old already. Do they still nurse the mother?

What are you feeding them? Wet and dry food?

Do you have a low-cost clinic nearby? The best thing you could do for their futures is to get all 3 cats spayed or neutered. If not, mama will get pregnant again, and eventually the little ones will too if they are female.

A neighbor or friend should feed them in the stairwell when you travel. At this point it sounds like they depend on you.

Thank you for your kindness to these kitties! :)