Stray Cat.. ..bloody, Crusty, Nipples, Five Kittens. Help Needed, Urgent. .. .!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey it's been long since I last updated about them. Things are really hactic right now with them the vet told me to separate the mother from the babies he said the milk is waaaayyy to acidic for the kittens to be feed on and the mother is giving me a head spin she keeps meowing all day and night and I have to feed the kitten in every 2hours and give warm compress and antibiotics to the mother. I hope she gets fine real quick I'm stressed just by looking at her face when she tried to find her kittens all over the house. If you have some suggestions please this is a really good time I need it.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's cruel to keep mom from her kittens. You can feed them and allow them to be near mom.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried that already. I bandaged all around her affected areas and let her in the kittens room and just when I thought it could work she took one of her kittens in her mouth and RAN....!!!!! Now what am I suppose to do if she does that all the time and about the feeding she snarls at me when I try to feed them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
fenris fenris

How long has mom been on the antibiotic? Did the vet diagnose mastitis? Why does the vet think her milk is too acidic?

The kittens need their mom and she needs to be with them. This is very distressing to the mom cat and to the babies. They will get the antibiotic from mom's milk that will protect them.

Put warm, damp compresses on the mom's nipples to give her some relief, and get her back with her kittens ASAP.

Mom grabbed a kitten because she wants to move them somewhere "safe" in her mind. If you put her in the nest with them in a room she can't leave she should settle down.

She snapped at you because she wants to feed her own babies, and she has no trust for you yet. She does not understand why she is being kept from her babies.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she's has mastitis and it's been 3days I guess. Her 3 nipples completely fell off yesterday, she can't feed them her nipples hurt. And I do the warm compress on her every single day 3 to 4times at least. There is an anti aseptic solution that the vet prescribed that I have to apply on her daily to heal them.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll get her to them right now, I to think it's best if they stay with there mother but she do let's me pet her, clean her, feed her maybe she's just stressed that's why she snaps.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she is stressed. Did you mean that scabs fell off her nipples? That means they are healing. Three days on the antibiotic is good so far. I hope she is less stressed being with her kittens.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my word.. . .I just literally thought she lost her nipples for good hale to the Lord they were scabs. Yeah I hope she feels fine and heals fast after being with them again.

Last edited:

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut
Yeah sure but it will take a while cause I just placed her with the kittens and I don't wanna interfere in there bonding. I apologize.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, the mum is doing well she's quite and licking her babies all over she seemed more relaxed I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who are helping me through this i'm glad that I signed in on this site.
P.S: She just let me feed her babies without any fuss and didn't growl EVEN ONCE. Happy daayyyssss.....!!!!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There you go! I'm glad mom and babies are reunited! Thank you for your efforts.

Keep us updated!