Stray Cat And Kittens

AliceLouise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I've had a stray cat hanging around for a couple of weeks, I found her in my garage on Wednesday with 3 kittens! I've asked on Facebook if anyone has lost a cat but had no luck! I don't mind keeping, feeding them etc I just want to know if I ought to bring them inside and what to do if they've got fleas? Thank you :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A AliceLouise

Yes, please make a nest and bring them inside your home. They will be much safer and more comfortable. A bedroom is best.

Feed mom unlimited wet cat food and dry kitten chow, and fresh water, for maximum nutrients for nursing.

You can put a tube of Advantage II for cats on the back of mom's neck for fleas. You can flea comb the kittens, picking off the fleas and drowning them in a bowl of water with Dawn dish soap in it. Please do not use Hartz products.

Thank you for caring for them! :)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: You have been given the best advice possible. All that I would add is to ask around for any extra dislposable bedpads or puppy pads - they really help when the kittens begin to be able to pee on their own but start wetting the bed while they are sleeping. And, by the way, we here at TCS love pics....please keep us posted!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Bringing them inside is definitely best! In a kitten proofed bedroom or bathroom! I echo Sarthur2 Sarthur2 with the advantage ii!
Enjoy your new cats! lol. Seems like she has adopted you! Definitely post some pictures when you can!