Stray and possibly pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, as a matter of fact I am. Yes, I know the list is long, that is why I am hoping to talk to my vet or so once the kittens are old enough. I am scouring around now for anyone that wants a kitten. I do have to wait and see, she is such a young kitten herself, so hopefully all will go well with having them. It is such a shame that there are this many strays, but it is so great that so many people are around to help or foster like yourself.

mishirish

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I thought you meant you thought they'd be adopted quick because there's such a long waiting list (to adopt)... but I got you now. I wish you luck and I can't wait to see photos! =)

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As a matter of fact, Gracie (my indoor cat) came from PAWS, and both of my daughter's cats came from PAWS. What a great place!

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if anyone has some thoughts for me... since I have a new stray and she is pregnant ... possibly due in two more weeks... I thought about putting her in my garage during the overnight hours and letting her out in the mornings. She always wants to come in my house, but with my two indoor cats at this time, it is not feasable. Do you think since she is an outside cat this would upset her to much this far along in the pregnancy? or am I helping?

I would really like her to have her kittens in there.. but I know how that goes. I know there is a couple strays that come from the woods a block away that could harm her, plus we have skunks and coyoties too. I have never seen them but I my neighbors have heard them! I have never had an outside cat. All of mine have been indoors.

sharon_fdcc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My adopted stray just had a litter of five. I have had other pregnant strays. They have all been strictly outdoor cats. However, if you have the chance to keep them in your garage, it would probably be better. Besides the safety of momma cat, it woud be easier to keep the babies clean in a garage. Most of my litters have had eye problems. PLUS two times these strays have managed to beat the scheduled neuter date and got pregnant again!

So, if you feel that it is not right for them to be in the house for now, the garage would be a good option. If you free feed with food inside the garage - she will probably grow to like it just fine!

Even my outdoor cats know the value of stable kibble.

Good luck!

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks.. I am going to try! She does come inside when the door is up, but when the cars are there she is skeptical. Even though my car will stay out. I guess only time will tell.

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All..

Well, I took Suma (yes we named her) to the vet Friday. She is a little over a year old and the vet said this might be her second litter.
My guess of only one or two kittens was shot down. The vet said there is probably 4 at the most 5 babies!

As of last night, she is now staying in the garage at night. She didn't mind it at all and even used the litter pan. Vet said probably about 2 weeks. I was able to get her dewormed, but shots will have to wait. Thanks for all the info everyone has given me. Wish me luck with the birth!!!!