Stray/Abandoned SPHYNX!!! (Are people CRAZY???)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

6isazoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

So how is Ozzy doing today!!
Sorry to leave the Ozzy followers hanging--we've been busy, busy, busy around here!

Ozzy is HOME!!! He was a little sluggish recovering from his surgery so they wouldn't let me have him until about 3:00 yesterday afternoon. I guess in hindsight, it was silly to rush into surgery when I knew the poor boy was very hungry and probably should have built up some stamina first. However, he has a clean bill of health pending the pathology report (which will be back in 10-14 days). He's sporting three very large stitches in his former tumor site.

The vet doesn't believe any permanent damage was done to his anal canal from the bite, and as far as they can tell, there's no soft tissue or internal damage that causes his stinky tooting. It just looks like he gets gas-y when he's nervous.

As soon as I brought him in the house, he started purring like a maniac and perked up tremendously, and chirrrpppping himself silly (he "told" me all kinds of news). He spent the night tucked in the crook of my arm pit purring his sweet head off.

As far as his former owner goes... (you breeders will be disgusted with me)... I just want that to be water under the bridge. It was in the lower 40s last night. I'm just thankful we found him in time and he has a safe, warm place to live now.

Future Ozzy posts will no longer be in the Stray Forum. Welcome home, Ozzy!!! YEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not disgusted with you at all. Glad Ozzy has a new forever home and good people to care for him.

But it is hard not to feel badly for the breeder, who probably was taken in by this man and fell victim to his deceit. It's just a shame that she won't ever know and be able to learn from this.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is all such good news. Let us just hope the final report is OK and you and Ozzy can bond forever.