Strangest thing...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your floor made of? If it's one of those pretty finished-cement floors, or maybe certain kinds of semi-porous tile, it could be that the cleaner caused actual salt to leach up out of the surface.

Our garage floor is the standard cement, and it regularly develops salty crusts in the areas where moisture occurs... because of residual salt in the cement mix.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It definitely could be gnomes.

But my guess would be maybe a salt shaker on the counter or table that has now become a cat toy?

In my house anything that hits the floor is fair game. And Chester is a lot faster than I am. More often than not the item will end up under something never to be seen again.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh god, not gnome season
uh oh! we better have all those gnomes spayed and neutered! i heard gnome season is worse than kitten season

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What is your floor made of? If it's one of those pretty finished-cement floors, or maybe certain kinds of semi-porous tile, it could be that the cleaner caused actual salt to leach up out of the surface.

Our garage floor is the standard cement, and it regularly develops salty crusts in the areas where moisture occurs... because of residual salt in the cement mix.
That is what I am thinking - a chemical reaction happened there - what kind of floor and what kind of cleanser are you using?